Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director Mobile keeps crashing ...
1337 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2020 11:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the problem that Power Director keeps crashing when I wanna import anything...

It's like this: I wanna import a video then it is loading and... crash.

Idk if it is cuz of my mobile or not, cuz in an older version was it working.

I have the mobile: Umidigi A5 Pro

Thx for helping me
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The typical things to do when an app keeps crashing are to uninstall then reinstall the app. Maybe also see if there are any system updates.

If you've already done that, you should probably contact Cyberlink tech support here for more assitance.
1337 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK thanks I already reinstalled it and there is no system update... So I'll try it ;
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OK thanks I already reinstalled it and there is no system update... So I'll try it ;

In the app go to "Settings > Send Feedback" to contact Cyberlink. They usually respond to you within a day or two.
1337 [Avatar]
[Post New]

In the app go to "Settings > Send Feedback" to contact Cyberlink. They usually respond to you within a day or two.

Thx
GG_04 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2020 08:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The app keeps crashing on me. I've been in touch with Cyberlink but they haven't been any luck. I think I may have to uninstall/reinstall but I don't wanna lose the my project. Will it be ok if I do this?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The app keeps crashing on me. I've been in touch with Cyberlink but they haven't been any luck. I think I may have to uninstall/reinstall but I don't wanna lose the my project. Will it be ok if I do this?

I think it should be fine. If you're able to at least open the app you might want to try uploading the project to Cyberlink Cloud or Google Drive before uninstalling the app, just to be safe.
GG_04 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is happening to me but it's also not letting me delete sections of my project. It was crashing about a month ago right after the update. I cleared the cache and I uninstalled then I restarted my phone and reinstalled it. U won't lose ur project if it's on an android btw. That worked last time. But now it's crashing again. I did all the things but it's still crashing & not letting me delete. I got in touch with Cyberlink. They asked for a bunch of info and sent it to them but that was days ago and I'd like to finish my project before Christmas. Lol
optodata
[Post New]
CL tech support is still your best bet for getting this resolved. I saw that the 7.5.1 update came out yesterday and that's supposed to fix some issues. Make sure you've got the latest version.
GG_04 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote CL tech support is still your best bet for getting this resolved. I saw that the 7.5.1 update came out yesterday and that's supposed to fix some issues. Make sure you've got the latest version.

Doesn't show one on my device. There was one in October, which is when these problems started for me. It's just distracting cuz I haven't heard back from Cyberlink in a few days.
optodata
[Post New]
Strange. I don't know why updates show up at different times. Here's what I see:

Can you try to download/update it from the Google Play store from your PC? Maybe uninstalling it first will allow you to install the new version.
GG_04 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Strange. I don't know why updates show up at different times. Here's what I see:

Can you try to download/update it from the Google Play store from your PC? Maybe uninstalling it first
will allow you to install the new version.

I do t have access to a computer right now. I've been using it on my android. I did check it in Google play. But I could try uninstalling it again since it's been a few days since I've tried that.
GG_04 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I do t have access to a computer right now. I've been using it on my android. I did check it in Google play. But I could try uninstalling it again since it's been a few days since I've tried that.

Still no update for the app and no response from Cyberlink. I deleted the app and downloaded another one. But I haven't cancelled my subscription yet. I'm still hopefully. Kinda think I should fight this month fees since I haven't been able to use all month. So fustrated. Thank u for all ur suggestions.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Still no update for the app and no response from Cyberlink. I deleted the app and downloaded another one. But I haven't cancelled my subscription yet. I'm still hopefully. Kinda think I should fight this month fees since I haven't been able to use all month. So fustrated. Thank u for all ur suggestions.

Have you heard back from CyberLink yet? I'm interested in finding out if they were able to resolve your issue and if so, how they handled it.
Jaybo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2018 17:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Oh so it's not just me having problems then. I feel your pain. Don't expect any resolution from Cyberlink's customer support team. I've encountered dandruff that's more helpful than them.

Do you have the 8.0.0 update yet? It might resolve some of your issues.

In my case though, 8.0.0 has rendered the app almost unusable but I will start my own thread for that particular struggle.

Best of luck getting it fixed.