Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Arrow becomes fist and can't click when editing video
CDReed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2020 21:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
For Chromebook users, has this happened to you?

When trying to move video or sound within a presentation, the arrow becomes a fist but not only am I not able to move objects around but the program then no longer allows me to click on anything. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists.

This is frustrating and making me consider ditching the program completely. Can anyone help?
NG2020V [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2020 23:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For Chromebook users, has this happened to you?

When trying to move video or sound within a presentation, the arrow becomes a fist but not only am I not able to move objects around but the program then no longer allows me to click on anything. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists.

This is frustrating and making me consider ditching the program completely. Can anyone help?

Same! This has been happening to me all day (09/11/2020). I have a Samsung Chromebook. Was fine lastnight; woke up to edit and it started to get stuck on the fist. It's even beginning to disrupt my other apps a bit by getting my mouse stuck in fist mode and not allowing me to click anythig. I usually have to turn my chromebook off then back on for it to stop.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I only have the app on my Galaxy phone and without a trackpad/mouse I don't ever see the arrow or fist cursor. I assume you're using the most recent version of the app, which is 7.2.0 (Build 86848 )?

While you're waiting for other users to see if they can help, you might want to contact CL customer service from this page to see if they can figure out what's going on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2020 00:58

CDReed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2020 21:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I only have the app on my Galaxy phone and without a trackpad/mouse I don't ever see the arrow or fist cursor. I assume you're using the most recent version of the app, which is 7.2.0 (Build 86848 )?

While you're waiting for other users to see if they can help, you might want to contact CL customer service from this page to see if they can figure out what's going on.

Yes... awaiting reply from CL...... And using 7.2.1...

And apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this..... Maybe it's from the latest build?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes... awaiting reply from CL...... And using 7.2.1...

And apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this..... Maybe it's from the latest build?

It might be, and I don't think you can roll back to a previous version. It's also weird that the Google Play store shows that the app is at 7.2.0 as of yesterday:

Mailek made a video tutorial about the new features in 7.2.0 on Sept 1st, but it was at least a week before that update showed up for me even though I checked several times...
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
In the app you can go to "Settings > Send Feedback" to make CyberLink aware of the issue. Good luck. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Daniel2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 03:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have been having this problem as well. It requires me to restart my whole computer.