Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pin audio to video?
BarefootGreg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2020 14:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I usually record my audio and video files separately. Since I haven't discovered a "Sync by Audio" feature on the mobile version, I spend a fair bit of time syncing the files manually.
I'm now looking for a way to pin the audio and video files, such that if one moves (like when inserting a new clip) then they both move. I've used precious hours simply trying to sync audio and video.
The best approach I've discovered is to sync the audio and video, then produce each short clip, then work with the produced clips rather than the originals. Surely there's a more efficient way.
Help? Using v 7.2.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That seems pretty efficient to me, and I also don't see a way to link separate A/V tracks. Perhaps another member will have a better idea to do what you're looking for.

In the main desktop PD editor, you can sync clips by audio (as long as your video clip has matching audio), then unlink the A/V tracks, delete the original audio and add the desired audio clip, then link them together into a single unified clip. Both clips have to be the exact same duration to become a unified clip, but that's only important if you're looking to do more editing.

If you only want to produce the clip to use in the mobile app, maybe the desktop's sync by audio feature will save you some time.
Jaybo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2018 17:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with the OP. It's the same if you have all of your titles, videos etc on one of the layers. If you insert anything new then it pushes the whole layers worth of items out of sync.

The only way I have found to get round this (I dont know if this would work for audio too but even then its far from ideal) is to add anything new at the end of the layer, then drag it back to where its needed. As long as there is adequate space on the layer it won't move everything else forward.

Again though, this is far from ideal for a supposed market leader. The function to pin items on a layer so that they remain aligned to the main video would make a HUGE HUGE difference.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The best way to let Cyberlink know how you feel is to use the FAQs & Send Feedback option on the Settings menu or leave a review at the Google Play Store