Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Too much lag when I use YouCam Software
eantelo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2020 19:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Too much lag when I use YouCam Software during a videoconference applying emoticons, avatars, frames or whatever. It is clearly visual, because my audio is going faster than the lagged video. I´m using a Logitech StreamCam with a Microsoft Core I7 Surface Laptop. The video is configured to 1280*720 and it is very annoying this delay. My camera can manage better configuration than the one I´m metioning, but the issue described get worst.
Meanwhile I´m using the default Logitech Cam Software until a further YouCam improvement.
Lilaiphone20 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2020 12:36 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Too much lag when I use YouCam Software during a videoconference applying emoticons, avatars, frames or whatever. It is clearly visual, because my audio is going faster than the lagged video. I´m using a Logitech StreamCam with a Microsoft Core I7 Surface Laptop. The video is configured to 1280*720 and it is very annoying this delay. My camera can manage better configuration than the one I´m metioning, but the issue described get worst.
Meanwhile I´m using the default Logitech Cam Software until a further YouCam improvement.

Have you tried

• closing all background apps

• check if windows is not downloading any updates

• uninstalling, restarting windows, reinstalling

• unchecking Low Light Compensation (video enhancements > advanced > camera control)?

Does it also lag when working in 800*600?
eantelo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2020 19:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
If I close the apps that I need to use with the camera I won´t be able to do my job.

I have reinstalled the Lastest Windows May 2020 update (Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.19041.508])

The Low Light Compensation feature is unchecked by default.

I don´t have the 800*600 capture resolution in the list, it shows me just:

640*360 (it works fine but with very low video quality)
640*480 (it works fine but with low video quality)
1280*720((it works with good video quality, but with 1 to 1.3 secs of video & audio lag)
1920*1080 (it works with the best video quality, but a nightmare of video & audio lag)

As you can imagine, even I have bought the official latest version of Youcam it doesn´t work as well I supposed it should be.

Have you tried

• closing all background apps

• check if windows is not downloading any updates

• uninstalling, restarting windows, reinstalling

• unchecking Low Light Compensation (video enhancements > advanced > camera control)?

Does it also lag when working in 800*600?
Kikixxx1233 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2019 19:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I close the apps that I need to use with the camera I won´t be able to do my job.

I have reinstalled the Lastest Windows May 2020 update (Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.19041.508])

The Low Light Compensation feature is unchecked by default.

I don´t have the 800*600 capture resolution in the list, it shows me just:

640*360 (it works fine but with very low video quality)
640*480 (it works fine but with low video quality)
1280*720((it works with good video quality, but with 1 to 1.3 secs of video & audio lag)
1920*1080 (it works with the best video quality, but a nightmare of video & audio lag)

As you can imagine, even I have bought the official latest version of Youcam it doesn´t work as well I supposed it should be.

i have having the same issues and also using the same streamcam! The lagging is terrrible and it's not my laptop. It's a year old i7 hp envy. It's definitely the YouCam software. Also the screen resolution sizes have changed. I am offered the same 4 options as you. There used to be at least 10 sizes to chose from. One being 800 x 600 which used to work fine, now it's no longer an option. Can anyone tell me why this is?

I have a very expensive streamcam, an expensive powerful laptop and I'm getting a screen quality from the 1990's... someone help please !