Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Boris FX sale (thru Sept 11)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
For anyone interested in getting additional effects or any other BorisFX video products beyond those included with the PD365 subscription, they're having a 25% off sale through Sept 11.

Here's their store's webpage, and to get the discount you can enter save25 at checkout.
[Post New]
Quote For anyone interested in getting additional effects or any other BorisFX video products beyond those included with the PD365 subscription, they're having a 25% off sale through Sept 11.

Here's their store's webpage, and to get the discount you can enter save25 at checkout.

Thanks for letting me know! I would not have known!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
As long as we're on the subject I wanted to share the link to the NewBlue FX Cyberlink page. No sale going on but thought I'd share. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
[Post New]

Thanks for letting me know! I would not have known!

FYI

This is the response I got from BorisFX:

Unfortunately we do not have anything available that is compatible with PowerDirector - we used to have a bundle for various versions, but this is no longer bundled, and we never actually sold anything for use with it.

Now, having said that, there is a free Compositing Host called Resolve (that is, there is a free version) that is compatible with the BCC/Continuum OFX package - this would allow you to at least apply BCC to individual clips and relay these back to PowerDirector to insert into your timeline.

I have never tried Composting Host. Anyone?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See the link supplied by optodata. Go to Products/Continuum/Particle Illusion. It is a free standalone program that you use to create particles that can be exported as .mov files that you can import to PowerDirector to use.
[Post New]

FYI

This is the response I got from BorisFX:

Unfortunately we do not have anything available that is compatible with PowerDirector - we used to have a bundle for various versions, but this is no longer bundled, and we never actually sold anything for use with it.

Now, having said that, there is a free Compositing Host called Resolve (that is, there is a free version) that is compatible with the BCC/Continuum OFX package - this would allow you to at least apply BCC to individual clips and relay these back to PowerDirector to insert into your timeline.

I have never tried Composting Host. Anyone?

Follow up. Hoping Cyberlink grows in popularity.

Boris FX Technical Support Team <support@borisfx.com>Sep 15

The Cyberlink included plugins I believe we discontinued the
bundle a while back as well. Unfortunately I don't have any contacts at
Cyberlink to check with since we dropped Support some time ago.
Someone at Cyberlink Customer Service/Sales might be able to get you a
quick Yes/No as to this inquiry, at least.

Thank you again.

Jon

Technical Support Team
Boris FX / Imagineer Systems
http://www.borisfx.com/
65 Franklin Street, Suite 400 Boston MA 02210
P: 888-77-BORIS (888-772-6747)
F: 508-357-8906