Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue with rendering / producing - showing black screen
Bobby96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 14:56 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I'm doing some video and it looks fine on the timeline but when I go to render / produce and it finishes it, it shows some shots but alot of the video is just a black screen. I've tried different video files when producing and it's still doing it. Never had the issue before.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. I'm doing some video and it looks fine on the timeline but when I go to render / produce and it finishes it, it shows some shots but alot of the video is just a black screen. I've tried different video files when producing and it's still doing it. Never had the issue before.

You might try with nothing checked in pref > Hardware Acceleration and nothing checked on the "Produce" page in "Fast video rendering technology" area and see if that produces any better results.

If issue corrected, more than likely a video driver issue for your particular hardware, review and potentially update.

Jeff
Bobby96 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You might try with nothing checked in pref > Hardware Acceleration and nothing checked on the "Produce" page in "Fast video rendering technology" area and see if that produces any better results.

If issue corrected, more than likely a video driver issue for your particular hardware, review and potentially update.

Jeff

I've been doing lots of editing and it's all been fine.
I've tried in several formats as well. When I flick through at the end on the produce page it shows the video I'll try with what you suggest again
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I flick through at the end on the produce page it shows the video I'll try with what you suggest again

Can you explain a little better, are you simply implying you have black video playing prior to your own video which then properly plays in its entirety, from beginning to end?

Jeff
Bobby96 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Can you explain a little better, are you simply implying you have black video playing prior to your own video which then properly plays in its entirety, from beginning to end?

Jeff

Yes so I'll explain a little better sorry.

So I'm editing my videos on the timeline, watch it through, everything is okay, looks good, video shows absolutely fine. (On the timeline mode)

I go to the "produce" page and on the right hand side there's the video, it normally says "producing" and the video slider moves along, the more it's editing. (You can choose to actually show the video as it's rendering)

When the video is finished, I go into my folder (I've tried saving it too a number of places including external hard drive) and I play the video, parts of the video plays, then when it fades to other shots / scenes it's just BLACK, black screen for MINUTES on end, then it shows certain shots and then it just once again goes back to black.
Bobby96 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes so I'll explain a little better sorry.

So I'm editing my videos on the timeline, watch it through, everything is okay, looks good, video shows absolutely fine. (On the timeline mode)

I go to the "produce" page and on the right hand side there's the video, it normally says "producing" and the video slider moves along, the more it's editing. (You can choose to actually show the video as it's rendering)

When the video is finished, I go into my folder (I've tried saving it too a number of places including external hard drive) and I play the video, parts of the video plays, then when it fades to other shots / scenes it's just BLACK, black screen for MINUTES on end, then it shows certain shots and then it just once again goes back to black.

Tried with your setting suggestion and still not working!?
Picture

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 07. 2020 18:31

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Tried with your setting suggestion and still not working!?

Then it's likely PD is having issues with some of your source footage. Take one of the source clips that appears black in your finished production and convert to just a basic H.264, MP4 file using like the free HandBrake video transcoder. Use this converted file in your timeline and see if you have the same black issue.

Jeff
Bobby96 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Then it's likely PD is having issues with some of your source footage. Take one of the source clips that appears black in your finished production and convert to just a basic H.264, MP4 file using like the free HandBrake video transcoder. Use this converted file in your timeline and see if you have the same black issue.

Jeff

It's just mobile phone footage. It's never had any issues in the past so I don't see why it would now?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's just mobile phone footage. It's never had any issues in the past so I don't see why it would now?

Phone footage can have lots of issues, it's usually highly variable bitrate and framerate to conserve space, both can cause PD issues depending how variable they are. How variable they are often depends what scene was shot and how much motion was in the scene and how long of scene, so some footage will work, others may not. Issue can also depend if using the "High Efficiency" format on the phone or a "Most Compatible" format, so yes, many potential complications.

You can use MediaInfo, to get some detailed information on the clip video features for comparison.

You can continue to fight the issue PD is having with the source during produce, not much will help other than to simply convert a clip and see if the issue is corrected.

Jeff