Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Single function to move the separation between two adjacents clips without affecting the time line
Svengel68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2018 12:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I want to be able to move the line separating two adjacent clips. Of course I can shorten one and lengthen the other... but in Final Cut, there is a function that allows you to move the separation between two clips in a single operation (of course as long as the clip that is "lengthened" by the move is long enough). Does this function exist in PD?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I want to be able to move the line separating two adjacent clips. Of course I can shorten one and lengthen the other... but in Final Cut, there is a function that allows you to move the separation between two clips in a single operation (of course as long as the clip that is "lengthened" by the move is long enough). Does this function exist in PD?

You can right click on a clip on the TL and select from the available options. Selecting ‘Remove, Fill Gap, and move all clips’ will move all of the clips on multiple tracks in your project up, keeping them all in sync. Also, you can hold down your left mouse button on an empty track on the timeline and then move your cursor. You will see a box start to emerge. Every clip that that box touches will be selected. You can then move all of those selected clips at the same time. Also, if you click the first clip in the track to highlight that clip, then hold down the shift key and click the last clip in the track, that selects the entire track and everything moves as a single unit when you drag anywhere within the track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2020 09:04

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I want to be able to move the line separating two adjacent clips. Of course I can shorten one and lengthen the other... but in Final Cut, there is a function that allows you to move the separation between two clips in a single operation (of course as long as the clip that is "lengthened" by the move is long enough). Does this function exist in PD?

Highlight the clip you'd like to lengthen, place the cursor on the timeline at this split line on the clip, you will see a double arrow, left mouse click and drag to length, which will essentially shorten or trim the adjacent clip. When you release the left mouse click, a contextual menu will appear with some choices, chose "Overwrite" and one clip is lengthened (if video content was available) and the other clip is trimmed.

Jeff