Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i can use SVRT but not Hardware video encoder......
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
powerdirector uses my GPU when editing and previewing a video but for some reason cant use Hardware vdeio encoder.... i have PowerDirector 18,a GTX 1030 I have the latest nvidia drivers, i tried doing the registry fix, i restarted, and I tried reinstalling but nothing worked. also SVRT is only available in H.264 AVC. please help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2020 19:47

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You're asking about a highly technical problem but you haven't provided anywhere near the level of detail needed for your fellow members to help.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the full details of your computer. We also need to know the exact version of PD you have installed, and whether you were referring to this registry fix or something else.

Also, if your source clips are compatible with PD's SVRT engine you can only produce to the same format that they're in. AVC/H.264 source clips can only result in AVC/H.264 produced clips. To convert to HEVC/H.265 requires full producing via CPU (software) or GPU (hardware).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote powerdirector uses my GPU when editing and previewing a video but for some reason cant use Hardware vdeio encoder.... i have PowerDirector 18,a GTX 1030 I have the latest nvidia drivers, i tried doing the registry fix, i restarted, and I tried reinstalling but nothing worked. also SVRT is only available in H.264 AVC. please help

More than enough info, a GTX1030 does not have the SIP encoding block on that GPU so correct, the hardware video encoder option will never work with any formats.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This chart of nVidia GPU cards shows what JL_JL is talking about.

Your GTX1030 can't be used for hardware producing but you may be able to use QuickSync if you have a newer Intel CPU and you have Windows configured correctly. The DxDiag results would provide that info.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote powerdirector uses my GPU when editing and previewing a video but for some reason cant use Hardware vdeio encoder.... i have PowerDirector 18,a GTX 1030 I have the latest nvidia drivers, i tried doing the registry fix, i restarted, and I tried reinstalling but nothing worked. also SVRT is only available in H.264 AVC. please help

Maybe this list will make it clear why is not "working" - because, like it was already stated, you don't have the hardware to do the encoding in your GPU:

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

LE: Sorry, the list it was posted one more time above, "hidden" under a word.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2020 12:25

Elke2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2019 07:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You're asking about a highly technical problem but you haven't provided anywhere near the level of detail needed for your fellow members to help.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the full details of your computer. We also need to know the exact version of PD you have installed, and whether you were referring to this registry fix or something else.

Also, if your source clips are compatible with PD's SVRT engine you can only produce to the same format that they're in. AVC/H.264 source clips can only result in AVC/H.264 produced clips. To convert to HEVC/H.265 requires full producing via CPU (software) or GPU (hardware).

What about video source, which is for example 1920 x 818 pixel ?
There exists no output format to set it equal, so SVRT shows always red. Also in the user specific format settings one can't choose a free display ratio, only predefined ones.
Does this mean, that video sources with "not normal" pixel ratios never can make use of SVRT?
What can I do to make my source video meet the defined output display ratio?
I've heard of for example "DVD patcher", a little programm that patches every single frame to the desired pixelratio without rendering the video itself?
About a technical funded answer I#d be very happy.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote What about video source, which is for example 1920 x 818 pixel ?
There exists no output format to set it equal, so SVRT shows always red. Also in the user specific format settings one can't choose a free display ratio, only predefined ones.
Does this mean, that video sources with "not normal" pixel ratios never can make use of SVRT?

There are two different issues here. The first is the aspect ratio, and PD18 can only produce to 1:1, 4:3, 9:16, 16:9 and 360. 1920x818 is not a standard pixel size or aspect ratio, so you'll end up with 16:9 video with black bars along the top and bottom edges due to the missing 131 rows of pixels along each edge.

PD18 has a Profile Analyzer option on the Produce page that may be able to generate a custom profile that will let you use SVRT with your source clip, although it would still have the horizontal black bars.

Quote What can I do to make my source video meet the defined output display ratio?
I've heard of for example "DVD patcher", a little programm that patches every single frame to the desired pixelratio without rendering the video itself?
About a technical funded answer I#d be very happy.

There are many free apps that will let you either stretch the vertical axis to fill 1080 lines or let you trim the horizontal edge to 1454 pixels to get a full 16:9 frame. Handbrake, VirtualDub2 and VLC player can do that, and either will let you produce the clip in PD without any balck bars.

You can also use these same apps after producing to trim the bars and return to a 1920x818 clip, See this post and/or search the forum for more info on nonstandard ARs.