Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Was I the only one misled about Photodirector 365?
gojake [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2017 01:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I updated to 365 because it advertised hundreds of thousands of photos from Shutterstock. Sadly, if there are only a couple thousand to choose from if I am lucky. Am I missing something? I pay a hefty monthly fee for Shutterstock and was hoping to save some money since 365 boasted 'hundreds of thousands' of shutterstock images. But any image I look for on the Shutterstock site is not on the Photodirector choices
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you were misled but I can see why you might be disappointed at the small fraction of images and videos available from the 365 subscription if you're used to accessing the entire catalog.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty much a "get what you pay for" situation; in exchange for charging you significantly less than the full Shutterstock fee, you get significantly less content as was discussed here.
gojake [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2017 01:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't think you were misled but I can see why you might be disappointed at the small fraction of images and videos available from the 365 subscription if you're used to accessing the entire catalog.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty much a "get what you pay for" situation; in exchange for charging you significantly less than the full Shutterstock fee, you get significantly less content as was discussed here.

Thank you so much!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Another issue is the keyword assignments. I seached for Hannukah-themed images and came up empty. Since there are a lot of different ways of transliterating Hebrew words, I tried several.

When I searched for "candle," up popped some Happy Hannukah stuff.
Iverson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2021 06:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I updated to 365 because it advertised hundreds of thousands of photos from Shutterstock. Sadly, if there are only a couple thousand to choose from if I am lucky. Am I missing something? I pay a hefty monthly fee for Shutterstock and was hoping to save some money since 365 boasted 'hundreds of thousands' of shutterstock images. But any image I look for on the Shutterstock site is not on the Photodirector choices

Definitely misled. It's not the user's responsiblity to go to Shutterstock to find out how many videos they offer, then come back to Cyberlink to calculate the % of assets we'd have access to. There's no assets available through 365 that I couldn't find on some random royalty-free stock video site.