Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 365 - Youtube upload - how get high definition?
tjoel99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2017 04:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am uploading videos I make in PD 365 using the Youtube online function. I produce them in 4K MPEG-4 4096 x 2160 30p (50Mbps), which I understand is high definition (HD). However, when they finish processing on Youtube, they are designated as SD (standard definition) and they are blurry. If I produce to my computer and upload to Youtube, they come out as HD (high definition).

I would like to post them to Youtube from PD 365 so they show up in my DirectorZone account for people to view.

Any ideas how to get them to produce directly to Youtube from inside PD 365 and get high definition on Yourtube? Thank you.

Joe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2020 00:56

Joe L
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
When you use the Online youTube option, what is the default Profile Quality set to. Check to see if it is 640 x 480. Use the drop down arrow to change it to 4K. It does take time for the 4K video quality option to appear. Maybe many hours as SD video quality is created first, the HD later, and 4k last. My 4K videos sometimes are not available for many hours while the sd one appear soon after uploading. I have been uploading manually except for testing purposes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2020 01:02

tjoel99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2017 04:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When you use the Online youTube option, what is the default Profile Quality set to. Check to see if it is 640 x 480. Use the drop down arrow to change it to 4K. It does take time for the 4K video quality option to appear. Maybe many hours as SD video quality is created first, the HD later, and 4k last. My 4K videos sometimes are not available for many hours while the sd one appear soon after uploading. I have been uploading manually except for testing purposes.

Thank you! The default setting in PD 365 is 4K 3840 x 2160.

If I understand correctly, it may be that PD 365 has been sending the HD version to Youtube and they have just not shown up yet as HD? That would be great. I don't mind the delay, just so they eventually are available as HD. I will stand by and see if they show up as HD. Thank you again. Joe L
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you! The default setting in PD 365 is 4K 3840 x 2160.

If I understand correctly, it may be that PD 365 has been sending the HD version to Youtube and they have just not shown up yet as HD? That would be great. I don't mind the delay, just so they eventually are available as HD. I will stand by and see if they show up as HD. Thank you again.

Just to clarify with anyone else who comes across this post, PD 365 is sendng a 4K version, not an HD version. 3840 x 2160 is UHD (4K). As Tomas stated YouTube processes the SD version first, then the HD version, and finally the 4K version. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.