Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9 Ultra Bitstream HD sound
a [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2008 06:06 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
...when can we use the bitstream function with PDVD9 and the new bought ATI 5850/5870?
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
No,

Only supports "Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD"
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html
a [Avatar]
[Post New]
...I don't think so:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3643&p=10
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Anandtech tested the Radeon 5870 with the beta 2110 release and since the current version is 2115 I would have assumed bitstreaming would work with the 5870.

I could be wrong though because I have the Auzentech card. I'm also wondering if like the Auzen card, HD audio bitstreaming is only supported with Vista and Windows 7.
nighteagle [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 09, 2007 10:46 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know where we can get the bitstreaming beta version? Thx in advance. AMP: Hegel H100, DAC: Hegel HD2, Speakers: Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T, TV: Samsung PS63C7705 (pn63c8000) 63", HTPC: NVIDIA GTX 680, Windows 7 SP1 x64 with blu-ray
a [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Anandtech tested the Radeon 5870 with the beta 2110 release and since the current version is 2115 I would have assumed bitstreaming would work with the 5870.

I could be wrong though because I have the Auzentech card. I'm also wondering if like the Auzen card, HD audio bitstreaming is only supported with Vista and Windows 7.

There's no HD bitstream option in the audio menue in the actual PDVD Ultra. I guess the testers got a pimped version, maybe there are political problems to offer the function for all users... (don't hope so)
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Anandtech tested the Radeon 5870 with the beta 2110 release and since the current version is 2115 I would have assumed bitstreaming would work with the 5870.

There's no HD bitstream option in the audio menue in the actual PDVD Ultra. I guess the testers got a pimped version, maybe there are political problems to offer the function for all users... (don't hope so)

Maybe there's been some issues raised in beta testing that has delayed the 5870 support because I came across a different review using the same beta version but the reviewer couldn't get the HD bitsreaming to work. All he could get was 2 channel LPCM output no matter what he tried.