Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
day to night
Dazzmos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2015 15:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
Please could someone tell me the way to get the day to night effect.
Thank you
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The day for night effect is in NewBlue Video Essentials IV. The link for the NB packs is here: https://newbluefx.com/cyberlink/ . There is a tutorial for it if needed.
Dazzmos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The day for night effect is in NewBlue Video Essentials IV. The link for the NB packs is here: https://newbluefx.com/cyberlink/ . There is a tutorial for it if needed.

Thank you , I'm on 365 , do you have to pay for newblue ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No, all those FX are included. It's in the NewBlue Essential Effect 4 pack, but the easiest way to locate it is to type F4 (or click on the FX Room) and type day in the Search the library box at the top right of the window.

Drag and drop the FX onto the clip or onto the FX track below the clip to apply it.

To change the settings, select the FX if it's on the FX track and then click on Modify; or click on the clip if you applied the FX directly to it then click on Effect.
Dazzmos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No, all those FX are included. It's in the NewBlue Essential Effect 4 pack, but the easiest way to locate it is to type F4 (or click on the FX Room) and type day in the Search the library box at the top right of the window.

Drag and drop the FX onto the clip or onto the FX track below the clip to apply it.

To change the settings, select the FX if it's on the FX track and then click on Modify; or click on the clip if you applied the FX directly to it then click on Effect.

THanks Guys ,
I think the problem is I don't have that package in my library, I have 3 new blue package but not 4 ! when I try to download it , trueblue want me to pay
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No, all those FX are included. It's in the NewBlue Essential Effect 4 pack, but the easiest way to locate it is to type F4 (or click on the FX Room) and type day in the Search the library box at the top right of the window.

NB Essential IV not part of PD18, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24397 just I, VII and Paint acording to CL FAQ's

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Right-click on Windows Start then go to the Apps & features tool. Type new into the search box and see how many effect packs are listed. All of the ones shown in the green box came free with older versions of PD:

Please let us know which ones are installed.

I just checked the PD comparison page for the US, and it actually looks like the only NewBlue FX that come with the subscription are Titler Pro v1.5 and Essentials 1. That's surprising to me as I thought all the essential packs were included but it may be that you will have to buy the other packs if you don't have any that got installed with previous PD versions.

EDIT: The chart linked to by JL_JL looks more comprehensive.

If you want to do a manual day-to-night conversion, use the Fix / Enhance tool and go to Color Adjustment. Turn the Exposure and Vibrancy controls way down and maybe tweak the Saturation, Contrast, and Hue to get the best look.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2020 15:47

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello
Thank you

Hi Dazzmos

I know someone has answered your question, but I've been off line for a while, so I thought I'd still reply with a link to my "Day to Night" settings in my Director Zone. The video preset has been downloaded over 1800 times so it must be helping some people .innocent https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131623992 . Of course, you can always tweak the settings to suite your needs.
Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello
Thank you

Here is a tutorial that should help you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2020 08:08

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.