Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In Pwrdir12, how do I rotate imported video?
Anslin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2014 08:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Good day all. I trust all are well and in good stead?

I have this version of PowerDirector, which I bought years ago...and haven't gone the upgrade route, since it was always fine for me.

I now though experienced difficulty with with imported video which was recorded portrait on my android, but when imported, it is horisontal.

How do I rotate it, simce I don't seem to find correct option?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good day all. I trust all are well and in good stead?

I have this version of PowerDirector, which I bought years ago...and haven't gone the upgrade route, since it was always fine for me.

I now though experienced difficulty with with imported video which was recorded portrait on my android, but when imported, it is horisontal.

How do I rotate it, simce I don't seem to find correct option?

Here are 3 options, maybe one will suite your needs.
1) grab the blue circle in the preview window and rotate with mouse, shown in pic
2) use the Fx "Rotate Canvas", shown in pic
3) Double click on the video in the timeline to enter PIP Designer, on the Motion tab are settings for rotation.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD12_rotate.png]
 Filename
PD12_rotate.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
748 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Anslin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2014 08:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Here are 3 options, maybe one will suite your needs.
1) grab the blue circle in the preview window and rotate with mouse, shown in pic
2) use the Fx "Rotate Canvas", shown in pic
3) Double click on the video in the timeline to enter PIP Designer, on the Motion tab are settings for rotation.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff.

I experience another problem, which I never had before. When dragging vids to the timeline, I can't see it in the Preview Window(PW).
When I asked the question above, video was actually missing in PW. I've used the program before, and suddenly I experience these problems.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I experience another problem, which I never had before. When dragging vids to the timeline, I can't see it in the Preview Window(PW).
When I asked the question above, video was actually missing in PW. I've used the program before, and suddenly I experience these problems.

You might try to disable the two options in pref > Hardware Acceleration and see if you get PW display back. If so, you might check your graphic drivers for potential updates.

Jeff