Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pd 365 installation problem
carmeta [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2019 08:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
sorry if this is in wrong place

but i have used cyberlink for a few yrs
as i had to be away earlier this yr due to a death in the family
when i got back tried to edit a vid it said i needed an update i duley downloaded update and tried to install
after it not installing several times i compleatly removed cyberlink from my laptop and started again this time i got to 63%
installed before it stopped

this i have repeatedly done for 6 weeks clearing cach files and hosts after contacting the assistance 3 times with no real support
i have now had enough and have asked for a refund due to now not being able to use this product for over 6 weeks and no help from customer services the last request was the 12th of august 2020 i got an automated reply but no reply to date from customer services i am disapointed but will not give accsess to a complete stranger to my computer

ty for your help forum ty for the lack of help customer services
i now have paid subscription for a program that is unusable

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2020 14:06

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are posts on how to do this with a new CAM app. This is from the FAQ page: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80148.page#post_box_329552 : If you purchased a subscription to PowerDirector 365, you can download the CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) from this page:

https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/application-manager/download_en_US.html

Once CAM is installed and you are signed in, just click the "Download" button next to PowerDirector on the My Programs tab to re-download and install it.

Users have had to redownload that CAM to get it to work.
carmeta [Avatar]
[Post New]
yep d/loader manager program no problem pd dload done watched it reach 100% try to install and it stops at 63 %
i have done this several times and now i want a refund so i can get a program that works or a way to get it installed
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This isn't Cyberlink customer service, it's a user forum and nobody here can give you a refund. Chances are there's a problem with Windows that's preventing you from installing PD, and if you'd like to get help from us volunteers we'd need to see the technical details of your computer (DxDiag test results) as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide.

If you'd like to request help from Cyberlink tech support (or continue wioth your refund request), you can contact them directly from this page.
carmeta [Avatar]
[Post New]
and this is what i was waiting for

i have contacted them and no response
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What would you like the forum volunteers to do?

You should have received an automatic response with a ticket number starting with CS. If you post it maybe the forum moderator can follow up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2020 16:20

carmeta [Avatar]
[Post New]
had hoped for a simple solution to the problem
but if not at least et you guys know that customer services are letting customers down

the last request recieved on 12th cs002203444

and ty for your time

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 17. 2020 16:28

optodata
[Post New]
Again, we're volunteers and don't have any inside access to Cyberlink. I've sent a message to the moderator to see if they can find any info on your ticket number.

While you're waiting, you may want to try the two steps listed in this post to see if there are any damaged files or settings with Windows on your PC. Running those commands have helped many people with issues like yours.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote sorry if this is in wrong place

but i have used cyberlink for a few yrs
as i had to be away earlier this yr due to a death in the family
when i got back tried to edit a vid it said i needed an update i duley downloaded update and tried to install
after it not installing several times i compleatly removed cyberlink from my laptop and started again this time i got to 63%
installed before it stopped

this i have repeatedly done for 6 weeks clearing cach files and hosts after contacting the assistance 3 times with no real support
i have now had enough and have asked for a refund due to now not being able to use this product for over 6 weeks and no help from customer services the last request was the 12th of august 2020 i got an automated reply but no reply to date from customer services i am disapointed but will not give accsess to a complete stranger to my computer

ty for your help forum ty for the lack of help customer services
i now have paid subscription for a program that is unusable

Hello,

We got word from CyberLink that they replied to you on August 14 and are waiting to hear back from you. So please double check your customer support tickets by clicking the following link and then select My Status: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Also please try the suggestions from Optodata, as he has proven to be very helpful. We understand that you are frustrated, but your input is needed to resolve the issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
It seems our moderator has forwarded your case and received a response from cyberlink.

----

As a volunteer here for a long time, I seldom (or have never) see that their customer support didn't reply to users.
They still gave response to users within few days in current pandemic situation.

Check your email inbox or spam folder, there might be some notification emails that indicate cyberlink has replied to your ticket.
It requires you to sign in the cyberlink member zone to see the response and it might contain some troubleshooting instruction.

FYI

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2020 21:38

carmeta [Avatar]
[Post New]
lol just checked again no reply in inbox no reply in spam so if what you say is right
its a first oh hay

last mail from customer services was 12th and was no help what so ever

again ty to you guys but there was nothing on the 14th from c/s i have learnt a fair bit from you guys by reading posts

and i love the vid editting pd program but if i cant use it theres no point in paying for it
i all ready put my life at risk for the uk both in the miltry and the nhs and get no thanks
so c/s not replying got my goat i will try your suggestions when time permits but that will be a few days yet till then i have a non functioning program and wasted time i had wanted to put a small tribute for my farther to some friends and family that couldnt be at his recent funneral

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2020 13:01

optodata
[Post New]
Quote lol just checked again no reply in inbox no reply in spam so if what you say is right
its a first oh hay

last mail from customer services was 12th and was no help what so ever

Please check the webpage the moderator provided the link to. You don't need to wait for an email to check.

Once you're logged in, you can see the current status of your ticket by clicking on My Status, then My Support Ticket as shown here:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2020 13:45

carmeta [Avatar]
[Post New]
ty i have found the reply but it will be at least the weekend before i can follow the steps
they also say that there is a 30 day money back from purches yes if i decided it wasnt for me or some other problem but leagly if the program fails or is unusable i have the right to get my money back up to a yr

this said i would rather have a working program
optodata
[Post New]
Sure, and a working program requires a fully functioning computer. Based on what you've posted, I'm pretty sure that yours has some significant problems deep down because most people are able to get PD installed without any issues.

So when you have time, literally just 5-10 minutes, try running the two commands I linked to earlier. Chances are they'll find and repair some hidden damage, and that may let you get PD installed.

I know you mentioned that you didn't want strangers accessing your computer; but in some situations, the only way to get the problem fixed is to let a qualified person access it. Doing it remotely for free saves you a trip to the computer repair store and a hefty bill, but hopefully the detect & repair commands will do the trick and you won't need to take any other action.