Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Eliminating initial scroll in scrolling title
smashmouth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2019 22:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'd like to use a scrolling title but have it start with a full-screen of text AND then begin the scroll up. The existing scroll title begins empty and then starts to scroll. I'd like to eliminate the first few seconds of "empty" scroll from the beginning and end of the title.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sure. Use the default title and open the Title Designer. Expand the Object Settings tab on the left side and make sure your title is centered on the screen. You can type 0.5 into the X and Y Position boxes, then make sure you set a keyframe under the preview screen.

Set a duplicate keyframe right where you want to title to start scrolling, then move the scrubber to the end of the title and type in -0.1 in the Y position to set the bottom of the title above the top of the screen. Note that you may need to use a more negative number if you're using a larger font. That's it!

Here's a quick tutorial:

smashmouth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2019 22:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks - for some reason it didn't work. So my workaround was to utilize the rendered version of the title and start the clip where I wanted it to end -