Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disable PowerDVD20 startup processes
Mika29470 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2020 08:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've removed PowerDVD 20 from my startup, and disabled the setting for "start PowerDVD 20 on startup" but it still starts up five processes (1x Cyberlink Media Parser 4x PowerDVD Dynamic Transcode Process).

Where are the settings to disable all started processes since I very rarely have a need for PowerDVD and can wait an extra couple of seconds for startup.

Mika
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you can turn these processes off unfortunately.

Dave
Jenzor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2021 11:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've removed PowerDVD 20 from my startup, and disabled the setting for "start PowerDVD 20 on startup" but it still starts up five processes (1x Cyberlink Media Parser 4x PowerDVD Dynamic Transcode Process).

Where are the settings to disable all started processes since I very rarely have a need for PowerDVD and can wait an extra couple of seconds for startup.

Mika

Hi. I also noticed the numerous background processes of PowerDVD 20.
I couldn't find a way to disable them within the settings of the application itself.
Instead, I found out where those background processes are started.

Start your regedit.exe and delete the following entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CyberlinkPowerPlayerMediaServer"="D:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD20\\Common\\CLMediaServer\\clmediaserver.exe"

With the next system startup, those background processes will be gone.

Kind Regards,
Jenzor
DavidCSurrey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 16:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hi. I also noticed the numerous background processes of PowerDVD 20.
I couldn't find a way to disable them within the settings of the application itself.
Instead, I found out where those background processes are started.

Start your regedit.exe and delete the following entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CyberlinkPowerPlayerMediaServer"="D:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD20\\Common\\CLMediaServer\\clmediaserver.exe"

With the next system startup, those background processes will be gone.

Kind Regards,
Jenzor

I think it would be much safer to simply disable the the tasks using the Start-Up option in Task Manager.

Right click the status bar down the bottom of the screen, select Task manager. The app opens. Select the Start-up tab and look down the list of start up tasks. Righ-click on both "clmediaserver" and "PowerDVD 20" or whichever version you have and select Disable.

That way if you wanted to re-enable the server at some point in the future, you would be able to easily.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2021 11:44

Crafter Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2021 13:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I think it would be much safer to simply disable the the tasks using the Start-Up option in Task Manager.

Right click the status bar down the bottom of the screen, select Task manager. The app opens. Select the Start-up tab and look down the list of start up tasks. Righ-click on both "clmediaserver" and "PowerDVD 20" or whichever version you have and select Disable.

That way if you wanted to re-enable the server at some point in the future, you would be able to easily.

Except that "Disable" is grayed-out.

Thank you, Jenzor, for the location of the registry keys.
[Thumb - temp.png]
 Filename
temp.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
DavidCSurrey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 16:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]