Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 rendering slow all of a sudden.
WolfSpring [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2018 18:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD17 since it came out. I've been on this same computer since January with zero issues, even with 4K and 360 videos. I first noticed the issue yesterday when I zoomed in on a 4K video from my drone, which I wrote off as my drone is new and it's a 4K at 120Mbs and thought that was the issue. But today I'm doing a simple 1080p30fps from my DSLR that I"ve done a hundered times and it is at 45 mins and 66% rendering for a 4 minute video, with only a simple cut at the beggining, nothing else. I've done 10 minute videos in minutes from this camera with color correction, sound added, etc... Anyone else have this issue? I have a pretty good system that's never had issues and I was gaming last night with zero issues at all. No overheating issues, no major updates, nothing installed in the last week, same hard drive I always use to do this stuff, nothing has changed. I did update my video drivers today and the problem still exists. I am going to try and run Fusion studio and see if it's laggy as well to isolate software vs hardware, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had any issues.

On a side note my Verification code to post this is R4ge... Lol luckily I'm a calm person.

CPU: Intel i7-4770
RAM: 32GB
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti(I know my weak spot)...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've been using PD17 since it came out. I've been on this same computer since January with zero issues, even with 4K and 360 videos. I first noticed the issue yesterday when I zoomed in on a 4K video from my drone, which I wrote off as my drone is new and it's a 4K at 120Mbs and thought that was the issue. But today I'm doing a simple 1080p30fps from my DSLR that I"ve done a hundered times and it is at 45 mins and 66% rendering for a 4 minute video, with only a simple cut at the beggining, nothing else. I've done 10 minute videos in minutes from this camera with color correction, sound added, etc... Anyone else have this issue? I have a pretty good system that's never had issues and I was gaming last night with zero issues at all. No overheating issues, no major updates, nothing installed in the last week, same hard drive I always use to do this stuff, nothing has changed. I did update my video drivers today and the problem still exists. I am going to try and run Fusion studio and see if it's laggy as well to isolate software vs hardware, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had any issues.

On a side note my Verification code to post this is R4ge... Lol luckily I'm a calm person.

CPU: Intel i7-4770
RAM: 32GB
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti(I know my weak spot)...

To have done 10 minutes in only a few minutes with your platform, probably the only way to achieve that is with SVRT. As such, you’re not rendering, just copying as input and output formats are the same, basic trims and small overall timeline duration titles. Controlled in the lower third of the "Produce" settings. Use the "Profile Analyzer" to create a compatible profile for your DSLR footage and then use the SVRT under "Fast video rendering technology:"

I find it extremely doubtful that you have achieved color corrects with only minutes to produce a 10 min clip of 1080p 30fps at any reasonable bitrate. These color corrects are primarily a CPU load and a i7-4770 simply can't achieve that.

Jeff