Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Viewing produced dvd
MikeF47 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Aug 16, 2014 11:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I am using power director 13. I have produced a video using H.265 HEVC . I have a final dvd that is fine on my computer but on different TVs it cuts the edges slightly so text that is near the edge when viewed on a computer but is half missing when viewed on a TV via a dvd player
Am I using the correct settings for production
should I use H.264 AVC?
any guidance would be appreciated
thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Are you placing text in the video using titles? If so then enable the TV safe zone in title designer. This allows text to be placed inside the boundaries when you use any of the alignment tools. It is also a visual dotted line rectangle to guide you in placing text near the edges.

DVDs are encoded in the mpeg-2 format.
MikeF47 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you placing text in the video using titles? If so then enable the TV safe zone in title designer. This allows text to be placed inside the boundaries when you use any of the alignment tools. It is also a visual dotted line rectangle to guide you in placing text near the edges.

DVDs are encoded in the mpeg-2 format.

everything is a .jpg with text already included
what is the difference between hevc and mpeg-2 format please
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
AVC and HEVC are newer formats and are used when producing videos for online streaming or to play on computers, phones and tablets.

DVDs do not support either format so you must encode using mpeg-2 as tomasc stated. Blu-ray discs can play back AVC content but not HEVC.
MikeF47 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks to you all for the help. It is much appreciated
bye
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You should make your DVDs from the original video files. Every level of compression is damaging. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT