Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Feature Request: Motion Tracker in the Crop & Zoom
Arryl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2018 18:53 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PowerDirector Team,

I would appreciate having the ability to apply a Motion Tracker inside the Crop & Zoom feature. For example, I would like to crop my video frame and then have the frame follow the tracked object.

When I looked at the Motion Tracker originally, I noticed that the software does have the ability to track objects. But looking among the other features, I could not find a way to crop the video while following a tracked object.

If this feature is already included somewhere, please let me know.

Thanks!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi PowerDirector Team,

I would appreciate having the ability to apply a Motion Tracker inside the Crop & Zoom feature. For example, I would like to crop my video frame and then have the frame follow the tracked object.

When I looked at the Motion Tracker originally, I noticed that the software does have the ability to track objects. But looking among the other features, I could not find a way to crop the video while following a tracked object.

If this feature is already included somewhere, please let me know.

Thanks!

This is a user forum which is NOT monitored by CyberLink. We are a group of users who volunteer our time to help other users.

If you would like the people at CyberLink to see your feature request go to PowerDirector > File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I do this all the time and it's not all that hard to do, it just takes a little practice.

See this post for more info, and be sure to set starting and ending keyframes as your first steps so you'll always come out of the clip with it at full screen.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°