Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't find .cpt file for a "Custom PipObject" created on disk?
starzar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 01:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
In Pd17(Windows10/64) ,I would like to edit the properties of a custom Pipobject in it's cpt file, for creating a PipObject from an Image Sequence.

I could find the cpt files from existing Pipobjects ,but the file for the Pipobject I created cannot be found.

Looked in the path where the pip Image is located-

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\PiPObject

Also it cannot be found in -

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector

Where is .cpt file(PipObject) created on disk?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 02. 2020 11:13

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not familiar with a "pct" file. I have hundreds of PiP objects installed but there aren't any .pct files on my system. What properties are you trying to change, and which specific PiP Object is it?

To find where many kinds of PiPs are located on your hard drives, place the PiP object on the timeline then right click on it and choose View Properties. For example, PiP objects downloaded from DirectorZone have been installed in a numbered subfolder of C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Effects\Object Effects. while object from various content packs are in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Templates\[name of content pack]

Some PiP objects have a more limited context menu and don't give you a View Properties option, and it will take some detective work to track down their exact locations.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not familiar with a "pct" file.

Probably just a typo, more than likely meant *.cpt", the PiPObject template.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Got it. In that case there are hundreds of them scattered across dozens of locations.

I found them all in 2 seconds using the free Everything search app. It will take a minute or so to build its database when you first install it, but you'll get instant results when you type in .cpt

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
starzar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 01:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for the typo.

I could find the cpt files from existing Pipobjects ,but the file for the Pipobject I created could not be found.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I could find the cpt files from existing Pipobjects ,but the file for the Pipobject I created could not be found.

That should be located in Documents/CyberLink/PowerDirector/17.0/MyPinPs/PinP_xxx/x.cpt where x=don’t care.