Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Music stops playing and App Closes
Steve1711 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2011 09:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have had Power DVD 19 Ultra for about a year. Eveerything was good. About a month ago music would play and stop after 30 seconds or so. Then the app would shut down? I decided to get the 20 version today and the same thing happens.

I am wondering if I may have some of the wrong selections unchecked or checked by mistake. Any suggestions on that please.

Steve SteveJ
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
There haven't been any PowerDVD updates recently, so the change must have been on your computer. My only guess would be the latest Windows 10 update that was pushed out to everyone last month. Is music playing in other apps?

Googling about it indicates that it has happened in the past with Windows updates:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-no-music-files-play-player/4aef383f-e15e-491c-aae1-26f92427e20d

Dave