Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP designer - missing photo/icon
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I just loaded an older project that includes some PiP objects. Basically it's a soccer video and the video would pause and a red arrow would appear over the player. However, it appears this red arrow .jpg is missing and when I look at my project, there's just a blank box. When it plays, instead of the arrow its a blank black box.

Any idea how to identify where PowerDirector is looking for this file? I don't know how to replace the "black box" with the correct arrow icon.
[Thumb - p1.jpg]
 Filename
p1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - p2.jpg]
 Filename
p2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any idea how to identify where PowerDirector is looking for this file? I don't know how to replace the "black box" with the correct arrow icon.

I would Right mouse click on that thumbnail in track 4 of that p2.jpg screenshot and choose View Properties. At the very top of the popup is the exact file location and filename of that image.

You need to find an image or photo of the same exact filename on your pc that you used and make a copy of it and put it back in that same original file location as before. The original image may be on a disconnected external device.
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Awesome! Thanks so much for your help!