Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing Effect packs
JamesBlen1956 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2020 06:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I downladed and installed several fx packs but they don't seem to show up in the menus eg. faded luts and light leaks pack.
Where can I find these in the powerdirector 18 please?
James B
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I downladed and installed several fx packs but they don't seem to show up in the menus eg. faded luts and light leaks pack.
Where can I find these in the powerdirector 18 please?
James B

Hello James. Can you provide the names of the fx packs you installed and where you got them from (CyberLink installer, DirectorZone, etc.)?

In the mean time this video on downloads might be useful to you.

JamesBlen1956 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello James. Can you provide the names of the fx packs you installed and where you got them from (CyberLink installer, DirectorZone, etc.)?

In the mean time this video on downloads might be useful to you.

Hi Maliek
Here's the list.
spring lut pack
outdoor luts pack
faded film lut pack
minimalist titles pack
light leak overlay pack
weather particle pack for power director
urban minimalist lut pack
motion graphic titles
power director director content pack premium 1 to 5
comics pack
action pack 1 and 2

got them from cyberlink application manager/effects packs.

Cheers, James

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2020 13:44

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
James

I just want to check where you're looking for these.

I ask because you won't find many of these under those names (the two title packs are, ie motion graphics & minimalist)

The LUTs are in the fix/enhance menu. the weather particle pack has it's own section, but the others will be scattered about, the various rooms.
[Thumb - Ashampoo_Snap_27 July 2020_14h43m44s_002_.png]
 Filename
Ashampoo_Snap_27 July 2020_14h43m44s_002_.png
[Disk]
 Description
weather particle pack
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
JamesBlen1956 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote James

I just want to check where you're looking for these.

I ask because you won't find many of these under those names (the two title packs are, ie motion graphics & minimalist)

The LUTs are in the fix/enhance menu. the weather particle pack has it's own section, but the others will be scattered about, the various rooms.

Hi Phil, thank you for that info. It seems an odd way of showing fx etc. Used to use filmora 9 and it was much more straightforward but obviously more limited than Power Director.
Appreciate it, thank you.
James
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Phil, thank you for that info. It seems an odd way of showing fx etc. Used to use filmora 9 and it was much more straightforward but obviously more limited than Power Director.
Appreciate it, thank you.
James

Hello,

CyberLink has provided a full list of its effect packs and where you can find the effects in the program. Have a look:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Insane_Diego [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 21:00 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

CyberLink has provided a full list of its effect packs and where you can find the effects in the program. Have a look:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I am always having the same problem. These packs get installed and it's like an easter egg hunt. I looked at your document and first, it's not totally current which is a problem since the pack I can't find is the Lens Flare Blending. Second, I'm looking for the puzzle piece icon and it doesn't exist anywhere I look. I installed the Light Leak pack to ensure that maybe it only shows if you have the pack. Nope. I still can't find it. So this isn't really very helpful. In the Edit window, click the puzzle piece. Where would I find this puzzle piece? Argh. Very frustrating.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am always having the same problem. These packs get installed and it's like an easter egg hunt. I looked at your document and first, it's not totally current which is a problem since the pack I can't find is the Lens Flare Blending. Second, I'm looking for the puzzle piece icon and it doesn't exist anywhere I look. I installed the Light Leak pack to ensure that maybe it only shows if you have the pack. Nope. I still can't find it. So this isn't really very helpful. In the Edit window, click the puzzle piece. Where would I find this puzzle piece? Argh. Very frustrating.

Kind of depends if you are referring to Lens Flare in the "Blending Effect" tool, if so that's in "Tools" menu above timeline or in "Plugins" menu. If you are talking about the Lens Flare Fx, it's in the Fx room, easiest to just type lens in the search field with "All Content" selected and you will see the Lens Flare Fx. Light Leak can also be a Fx from BorisFx, found the same way.

Also depends if you have the annual PD18 or subscription version as they moved some menu items around as shown here: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html

Jeff
Insane_Diego [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 21:00 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]

Kind of depends if you are referring to Lens Flare in the "Blending Effect" tool, if so that's in "Tools" menu above timeline or in "Plugins" menu. If you are talking about the Lens Flare Fx, it's in the Fx room, easiest to just type lens in the search field with "All Content" selected and you will see the Lens Flare Fx. Light Leak can also be a Fx from BorisFx, found the same way.

Also depends if you have the annual PD18 or subscription version as they moved some menu items around as shown here: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html

Jeff

Thanks for the reply. Your message pretty much sums up the issue. Are you talking this, or that, because they are in two different places. I was referring to the Lens Flare Blending Pack, not Fx. As you say, it's in the Plugins menu and that's my point. If the pack description would have said, look in Plugins > Blending Effect, I would have found it very quickly. I don't use that menu choice pretty much ever so I thought Blending Effect was the same as Blending Mode. And I do have the subscription so again, if it's different, then a line item would still be nice to say where to find it. Instead I spent an hour looking for it.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I think it would be a good idea to let Cyberlink know in the rate us option in the file menu.
Brian18690 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2021 15:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply. Your message pretty much sums up the issue. Are you talking this, or that, because they are in two different places. I was referring to the Lens Flare Blending Pack, not Fx. As you say, it's in the Plugins menu and that's my point. If the pack description would have said, look in Plugins > Blending Effect, I would have found it very quickly. I don't use that menu choice pretty much ever so I thought Blending Effect was the same as Blending Mode. And I do have the subscription so again, if it's different, then a line item would still be nice to say where to find it. Instead I spent an hour looking for it.

I downloaded the Seamless transition effects pack. I followed the directions given by CyberLink's FAQ link in this thread above.

I did also restart the program. I looked in other locations besides transitions.

As with many of these packs, it is not where Cyberlink said it would be, nor is it found by a search of all my transitions or anywhere else. It's just not there, despite showing Installed.

This sort of thing drives me to different software.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I downloaded the Seamless transition effects pack. I followed the directions given by CyberLink's FAQ link in this thread above.

I did also restart the program. I looked in other locations besides transitions.

As with many of these packs, it is not where Cyberlink said it would be, nor is it found by a search of all my transitions or anywhere else. It's just not there, despite showing Installed.

Hi,

Sorry I can't get access to my PDR18 system at the moment!

On my PDR19 system the path for installation should be
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Seamless Transition Pack

Could you check if it is there and if the folder contains anything?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]

You're using PowerDirector 19 or PowerDirector 18? Can you share a screenshot of your transitions room? The seamless transitions are right near the top of the room. The transition packs are not alphabetical order in the room.

Ash

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2021 21:15