Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Select Timeline object but without the playhead moving as well
Peter5967 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2020 05:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I would like to be able to select a clip on the timeline and then drag it to a desired location but to leave the playhead in its original place. When I select a clip on the timeline the playhead follows me around. This is not always useful.
To get around this I make a marker in my location so that I can use shortcut keys and get back to where I was working. You end up having to keep creating and deleting markers which is a bit annoying.
So to summarise. Select a clip. Keep the playhead in its location. Drag the selected clip to the playhead.
Thanks in advance new user
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi
I would like to be able to select a clip on the timeline and then drag it to a desired location but to leave the playhead in its original place.

I'm not aware of a means to leave the playhead at a position on a clip and then select the clip without the playhead moving. Your work a round using markers is the best solution that I'm aware of.

If you'd like to send your suggestion to CyberLink you'll need to do so in the program by going to: File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.