Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to see audience clearer in concert. Too dark but stage is okay
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

With 365 how do I lighten up the audience in a concert where the top half of the frame is on stage and is light enought but the lower half of the frame is the audience and needs to be lightened up a bit to see them better.

I have two large clips joined in a crossfade and they both need this doing to them.

What is the best way to do this please?

oz
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With 365 how do I lighten up the audience in a concert where the top half of the frame is on stage and is light enought but the lower half of the frame is the audience and needs to be lightened up a bit to see them better.

It would be much easier if the cameras were stationary. You could place a duplicate clip on a lower track and adjust the exposure and brightness to make the audience lighter and more visible. Add a mask and position it on that lower half. Uncheck maintain aspect ratio. Feather it to blend in this lighter clip.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may also want to apply a Gamma Corrector or NewBlue Shadows & Highlights FX to reduce the intensity range across the original clip or the overlaid one.

You can also try the Color Adjustment (Highlight Healing, Saturation and Shadow controls) and the Split Toning tools from the Fix/Enhance menu. All will give you some control over the brightest and darkest sections of each scene.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]

It would be much easier if the cameras were stationary. You could place a duplicate clip on a lower track and adjust the exposure and brightness to make the audience lighter and more visible. Add a mask and position it on that lower half. Uncheck maintain aspect ratio. Feather it to blend in this lighter clip.

Many thanks, will give that a go.
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

With 365 how do I lighten up the audience in a concert where the top half of the frame is on stage and is light enought but the lower half of the frame is the audience and needs to be lightened up a bit to see them better.

I have two large clips joined in a crossfade and they both need this doing to them.

What is the best way to do this please?

oz

Need etter camera with bigger sensor and huge DR. Basicaly what you ask for is... HDR done cheap...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2020 22:46