Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blue Drops?
Darlisa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2020 00:36 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I imported a video recorded using Screen Recorder 4 and there is a new section above the first timeline with upside down blue drops. I can't find in the help files what they are since the help manual is severely lacking in graphics.

I'm sure someone here can enlighten me though.

TIA
[Thumb - BlueDrops.png]
 Filename
BlueDrops.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have the screen recorder 4. Those teardrops indicate mouse clicks to me. You can turn them off in preferences.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's exactly what they are, and they're simply an editing aid to show you each time you clicked the mouse during your recording.

As tomasc said you can turn off the .mrk file creation from SR4's preferences menu to avoid them next time:

If you want to get rid of them for your current project, simply uncheck the Clip Marker track in PD by right-clicking in the left-most section of the timeline tracks, or close PD and delete the .mrk file from the same folder your recorded clip is located. When you re-open the project they'll be gone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2020 00:57

Darlisa [Avatar]
[Post New]
That makes sense. So if I turn off creating the mrk file, that doesn't turn off showing the mouse during the video capture does it?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That makes sense. So if I turn off creating the mrk file, that doesn't turn off showing the mouse during the video capture does it?

No. It only stops keeping track of where each click happens. If you also want to disable the colored animation of each click in the video, turn off Mouse clicks on the Record screen.
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
That .mrk file might be recommended for PD editing, but quite often screen recordings are used in many places. Turning off the .mrk recording preference means that you will record in a default .mp4 file format which is much more usable. And editable in PD.
Run a test to check it out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2020 22:27

optodata
[Post New]
Quote That .mrk file might be recommended for PD editing, but quite often screen recordings are used in many places. Turning off the .mrk recording preference means that you will record in a default .mp4 file format which is much more usable. And editable in PD.
Run a test to check it out.

That's not what happens. The .mrk file is made alongside the MP4 clip and is imported into PD along with the video.
Darlisa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, thanks everyone. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything in the video that I don't want so I'll leave them alone for now.

I am disappointed in the HTML user guide though as it is severely lacking in explanations and in graphics. I'm saying this as a technical editor/writer who has written user and admin guides for several software companies and when I see a user manual that has barely any supporting images, it just makes my brain itch.
optodata
[Post New]
There is a reasonably good explanation of what the .mrk file does under the Screen Recorder Preferences section of the help page, but you would have to specifically navigated to that page looking for the Video Preferences menu since searching for ".mrk" produces no results.

As you mentioned, there aren't any graphics there, although there are in the PD help page for Clip Markers.

Unlike all other CL apps, there doesn't seem to be a "Rate Us and Provide Suggestions" tool for SR4, so hopefully the moderator will pass on this feedback to the appropriate people.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting that in that help search .mrk produced no result but mrk produced 1 result found. Click on that below gives what optodata want you to see.