Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Organize custom Titles
[Post New]
When I create custom titles, they all get saved in the one "Preset" Custom Title tag. I would like to be able to designate the place to save the custom title. When I add a custom title to a tag I created, I am unable to Remove that title from my Custom Titles without also deleting it from the custom tage I created. Any Ideas?
[Post New]
Quote When I create custom titles, they all get saved in the one "Preset" Custom Title tag. I would like to be able to designate the place to save the custom title. When I add a custom title to a tag I created, I am unable to Remove that title from my Custom Titles without also deleting it from the custom tage I created. Any Ideas?

this is a test to see how replies are handled.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your above post came from clicking on the Reply button, which automatically quotes the text from the preceding post. If you want to reply without quoting anything, use Reply to this topic instead (like I did here).

As for your question, you can create and add any number of tags, and you can add any number of new or pre-existing titles to that tag, and only the titles you've added to that tags will appear in there.

However, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're wanting to do.

You can right click and choose Remove Tag from any clip from that tag's list, which by design also removes it from being displayed there. You can't remove the Custom tag, so all custom clips will always appear in the Custom tag display.

You can add more tags to specific titles and have them show up in multiple categories, and each tag (except for Custom) can be removed when viewed in that tag's display without affecting the other tags on that title.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I have many titles in my "preset" custom title tag. I reuse these titles on a monthly cycle. (worship services).
The preset custom title tag is now loaded with titles and rather difficult to navigate due to the number of titles.
Unfortunately,(as you point out) when I assign one of those custom titles to a newly created tag I can not remove them from the "Preset" Custom Tag without ALSO removing them from the newly created tag.
It would be nice if the program allowed the assignment of custom titles to created tags without saving every custom title also in the
Preset Custom Title tag.
Your responce is VERY appreciated.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ok. I think the easiest thing to do would be to focus on the 2nd tags and ignore the Custom tag completely. Basically, create all the new tags you want to sort by and treat Custom like a huge, unsorted category.

Remember that you can assign multiple tags to each clip, so a custom clip can show up in 8AM Service and 11AM Service groupings, for example.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°