Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Suite 365 - Application Manager installation problems - installation folder - Error code:2
Ian3056 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2020 08:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone successfully installed this? I have tried several times over several months, and have decided to manually delete all previous versions of CyberLink products and try a clean install (as administrator).

Now I get a dreaded:

"The installation was unsuccessful because access to the installation folder was denied. The installation will now abort. Please reboot your system and then try installing again. Error code:2."

Now, I have done that, and no change...

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue?

I can't even log a support request, as I don't see Activation Keys or SR number in the emails around the purchase...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 21. 2020 08:42

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know what happened, but it looks like you need to re-establish permission from Windows to access the necessary folders on your C: drive, specifically C:\ProgramData (and the Cyberlink folder there) along with C:\users\[user name]\AppData (and all subfolders, like Local and Roaming).

Open File Explorer and see if you cna manually access each of these. You may get a message stating that you need permission and clicking OK will take care of that. If you can't get permission that way, you'll need to try the more formal methods. Here's one article that describes the process and you can Google for more info if needed.

If you need to contact Cyberlink, you can't know the software revision (SR) if it isn't installed, and since you have a subscription you won't use any activation keys. As long as you're logged in to your CL account when making the support request, they'll have enough info to see that you're a subscriber without those details.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Ian3056 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2020 08:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know what happened, but it looks like you need to re-establish permission from Windows to access the necessary folders on your C: drive, specifically C:\ProgramData (and the Cyberlink folder there) along with C:\users\[user name]\AppData (and all subfolders, like Local and Roaming)...... .

Thank you - I checked each of those and can create a dummy text file in all those locations unimpeded.
(It looks like a spawned install routine, late in the install process of the Application Manager, isn't run with admin privileges.).

And thanks re the logging a fault guidance - makes sense - but these fields are mandatory on the tech support page - so I had to find a bit more of a sales-oriented inquiry form, where they didn't ask for such stuff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2020 16:48

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you - I checked each of those and can create a dummy text file in all those locations unimpeded.
(It looks like a spawned install routine, late in the install process of the Application Manager, isn't run with admin privileges.).

And thanks re the logging a fault guidance - makes sense - but these fields are mandatory on the tech support page - so I had to find a bit more of a sales-oriented inquiry form, where they didn't ask for such stuff.

You can fill "N/A" or whatever you want in those mandatory fields, and submit the contact form directly.

According to the error you described, it seems there were some security processes blocks the file writing from the installer.

Frankly speaking, although you can access the folders in the Windows explorer, it does not mean that any other programs can access and read/write data to the folders on your platform.
They should be treated in different ways because there should be no blocking when a "real person" manually browses the files and folders in the windows explorer, but a program process can be malicious.

The maunal control usually has higher access on PC, and it is easy work around any security access issues by simply escalating the privilege on system.

Are there any security settings or policies you applied on your platform that might cause the access issue?
A securtiy program can for sure block malicious processes, but it can also block normal program processes depending on the security level or configuration set in the security program.
Fly_Butterfly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2021 03:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

When I install PowerDirector 365, I am experiencing the same error message. The problem occurs about 80-90% the way through of the installation progress bar.

I have sent a message to the help desk and have had one reply but this has not resolved the situation.

I am using 'Trend Micro Maxiumum Security' as my anti-virus software. What anti-virus software do you use? (Could this be a contributing factor?)

Did you ever get this error message resolved? If so, can you please let me know how, so that I can get this prgramme install successfully on my desktop.

Thank you and I hope to hear back from you.