Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT export audio drops in YouTube
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
  1. I looked at the clips and to me the the quicksynck is the "blackest" looking I don't know what quicksynch is..

QuickSync is the video encoding hardware in newer Intel CPUs. NVENC is the hardware video encoder used by nVidia cards. You will only have one option shown, but you can switch the GPU that PD uses before starting the app.

If you have an Intel CPU, look at this post but choose "Power Saving" for both of the apps to force PD to use the Intel encoder. Along with SVRT you'll see that the other option on the Produce page will be "Intel Quick Sync"

• Yes I go for the film noir look, I shoot in camera B&W mostly, it looks better then shooting colour then doing it in post. In camera produces beautiful results, like glass. But YT squashes it so much the black looks pixelly, that is how I got here. I'm close but thought i need a better product to upload.

• That's the hardest part to do anything about, because your source clips are perfect and YT's rendering causes the gray artifacts. I don't know if Vimeo or another streaming service would have the same issues or not.

• One more thinkg getting back to my orignal issue the YT audio dropps. Why was that happening? That the file would play fine on CPU but after upload on YT the dropps happened? what about the file did YT not like? any ideas?

• I don't know why that was happening or why the new profile seemed to fix it. You can try producing to a different audio format if the issue comes back. You're now using AAC but you can change the profile to use LPCM or Dolby Digital.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
    [Post New]

QuickSync is the video encoding hardware in newer Intel CPUs. NVENC is the hardware video encoder used by nVidia cards. You will only have one option shown, but you can switch the GPU that PD uses before starting the app.

If you have an Intel CPU, look at this post but choose "Power Saving" for both of the apps to force PD to use the Intel encoder. Along with SVRT you'll see that the other option on the Produce page will be "Intel Quick Sync"

That's the hardest part to do anything about, because your source clips are perfect and YT's rendering causes the gray artifacts. I don't know if Vimeo or another streaming service would have the same issues or not.

I don't know why that was happening or why the new profile seemed to fix it. You can try producing to a different audio format if the issue comes back. You're now using AAC but you can change the profile to use LPCM or Dolby Digital.

Ah I see i just upgraded to a AMD card it beat my NVDIA so theres that I do have an option in produce to select Hardware encoder? would that work. Thanks for the world of information it really helps me.

thanks again
    BV
    optodata
    Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote Ah I see i just upgraded to a AMD card it beat my NVDIA so theres that I do have an option in produce to select Hardware encoder? would that work. Thanks for the world of information it really helps me.

Three are 2 ways to tell which GPU PowerDirector is set to use when producing: Click on the large PowerDirector logo at the top right corner of the window and look at the first icon s that show up. When PD is set to use QuickSync, I get the Intel logo, and when I've set it to use my RTX 2070, I get the nVidia logo. You should see the AMD logo if PD is able to use your new card.

The other way to tell is to look at the option to the right of SVRT on the Produce page. If PD will be producing with the Intel encoder, it will say Intel Quick Sync Video. If it's using an nVidia or AMD card, it will say Hardware video encoder.

If you have both nVidia and AMD cards are installed, you'll need to open Task Manager and click on the Performance tab when you're producing to see which GPU is busy.

Once you are certain that PD is using the AMD card, produce with the Hardware video encoder box checked and let us know if you get a 1.5GB file or one that's half the size.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]

Three are 2 ways to tell which GPU PowerDirector is set to use when producing: Click on the large PowerDirector logo at the top right corner of the window and look at the first icon s that show up. When PD is set to use QuickSync, I get the Intel logo, and when I've set it to use my RTX 2070, I get the nVidia logo. You should see the AMD logo if PD is able to use your new card.

The other way to tell is to look at the option to the right of SVRT on the Produce page. If PD will be producing with the Intel encoder, it will say Intel Quick Sync Video. If it's using an nVidia or AMD card, it will say Hardware video encoder.

If you have both nVidia and AMD cards are installed, you'll need to open Task Manager and click on the Performance tab when you're producing to see which GPU is busy.

Once you are certain that PD is using the AMD card, produce with the Hardware video encoder box checked and let us know if you get a 1.5GB file or one that's half the size.

Feelling discouragedfrown

OK now we are getting crazy, I just produced it using the Hardware video encoder and out came the largest file so far 1.7 gig 25.7mps So the card is giving me the best output . it looks great BUT the audio isn't in synch I don't get it, tried to change the audio to dolby ditigal, better but still off, now what?

link below is the clip on YT looks great if only I can correct the audio

hardwareencoder 60mps output 25+
    optodata
    [Post New]
    So is the audio off in the produced clip, or only after it's been uploaded to YT?

I don't have any experience with AMD GPU cards but I know there have been issues like this reported here on the forum. Do you have their latest video driver?

What about PD? What's the exact version? If you have PD16, it should be 3424 and you can download the latest patch (for any version of PD) from here.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
    Quote So is the audio off in the produced clip, or only after it's been uploaded to YT?

I don't have any experience with AMD GPU cards but I know there have been issues like this reported here on the forum. Do you have their latest video driver?

What about PD? What's the exact version? If you have PD16, it should be 3424 and you can download the latest patch (for any version of PD) from here.

its off in the produced clip, latest drivers installed latest PD patch installed same issue, yes its PD16. it's a real shame because i'm that close to an aceptable oputput. The AMD logo is in the PD about page so it should support it its a nice card Radon RX5700.

the last issue that Cyberlink should address: when letting SVRT give the best output optionssometimes it is a very bit output almost 90mbps however the audio drops to 128. if you try to up the audio to 384 then PD says you have to drop th evideo to 3000-60000 So I can't use the recomended mps by SVRT.

I'm really hopeing I can get this all to work I've used PD for a long time and don't want change to "industy" standard software. I just am at my wits end don't know how to move foward. Thanks again for all your valuable time spent on this!! I hope there is an end in sight.laughing

Bv
    optodata
    [Post New]
    That's frustrating.

Start a new project in PD and import your out-of-sync clip. Take a close look at how much the audio is off as you preview it: Is it always off by the same amount, or does it start off fine but slowly drift out of sync?

If it the first case, right click on the clip and choose Link/Unlink Video and Audio then click anywhere else to deselect the 2 clips. Now drag the audio clip left or right as needed to get everything synced up and you should be able to produce using SVRT.

If instead the audio slowly goes out of sync, do the same steps as above, but then hold down Control and click/drag the end of the audio clip to shorten (speed it up) or lengthen (slow it down) until it stays in sync over the whole video, then produce with SVRT.

If you're having trouble, please upload the produced clip via the link I sent you in my earlier PM. Make sure it has a clear name and I (or any other forum members who want to help) can see if we can get it to work.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
    Quote That's frustrating.

Start a new project in PD and import your out-of-sync clip. Take a close look at how much the audio is off as you preview it: Is it always off by the same amount, or does it start off fine but slowly drift out of sync?

If it the first case, right click on the clip and choose Link/Unlink Video and Audio then click anywhere else to deselect the 2 clips. Now drag the audio clip left or right as needed to get everything synced up and you should be able to produce using SVRT.

If instead the audio slowly goes out of sync, do the same steps as above, but then hold down Control and click/drag the end of the audio clip to shorten (speed it up) or lengthen (slow it down) until it stays in sync over the whole video, then produce with SVRT.

If you're having trouble, please upload the produced clip via the link I sent you in my earlier PM. Make sure it has a clear name and I (or any other forum members who want to help) can see if we can get it to work.

Yes that would b a work around, but I'll just use the previouse clip that worked. I'm putting all the episodes together to make a feature, and I'm behind so for now I'll push ahead and hope that PD comes up with a fix by the time I print the full version. I will keep u posted on my progress. I'm hoping to have this ready in the coming weeks.
    Thanks again and let me know if u hear of anything.

Also I went to great length to use a preamp to get the auid in cam because I was having synch issues b4 I would hate to go backwards and un link and synch up again. Should I send this topic to Cyberlink? the
    Hardware encoder audio synck issue, If that could be solved plus the being able to use the recomend SVRT setting with audio @ 384 I would be in business. what r your thoughts?

Bv

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 19. 2020 03:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
    Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
    [Post New]
    I think one could have done better with your unique source footage and a profile with Nvidia NVENC vs the 10Mbps characterized for PD18 earlier. As I mentioned in your other thread, Intelligent SVRT profile not really appropriate for your type of source footage. I can get about 47Mbps (PD18) or 32Mbps (PD16) which is about the threshold Mbps range for seeing any difference in my experience for most footage. Your footage maybe a little different with the shades of grey though, tough encoder task. Difficult to say if any better results than what you have after posting to YouTube. I also used PCM audio as that’s what your source audio was in the clips and WAV files I checked, besides the mp3 files, still worth a try as was mentioned prior if you have not.

Anyhow, I see it’s in the hands of Cyberlink for further investigation on ticket number CS002191028 so hopefully some forthcoming insight.

Jeff
    [Thumb - PD18_PD16_Brianv.png]
     Filename
    PD18_PD16_Brianv.png
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    60 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    5 time(s)
    [Thumb - PD18_Brianv_Properties.png]
     Filename
    PD18_Brianv_Properties.png
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    247 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19. 2020 08:00

[Post New]
    Quote I think one could have done better with your unique source footage and a profile with Nvidia NVENC vs the 10Mbps characterized for PD18 earlier. As I mentioned in your other thread, Intelligent SVRT profile not really appropriate for your type of source footage. I can get about 47Mbps (PD18) or 32Mbps (PD16) which is about the threshold Mbps range for seeing any difference in my experience for most footage. Your footage maybe a little different with the shades of grey though, tough encoder task. Difficult to say if any better results than what you have after posting to YouTube. I also used PCM audio as that’s what your source audio was in the clips and WAV files I checked, besides the mp3 files, still worth a try as was mentioned prior if you have not.

Anyhow, I see it’s in the hands of Cyberlink for further investigation on ticket number CS002191028 so hopefully some forthcoming insight.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
    yes I am at my witts end I know I brake th rules with video just frustraiting that I can't get PD to do what it says it can do. I only have had no issue using the default low output which isn't goo enough. I'll wait a few days for Cyberlink and see if their is a solution. In the meantime I'm taking the tiresome task on learning Davinci Resolve...sigh. Thanks again for all your help
    optodata
    [Post New]
    Cyberlink tech support responded that they've been able to reproduce bitrate the issue in their lab and have forwarded it on to engineering.

I don't have any idea how long it might take to fix the issue, but at least we know they're working on it!

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
    Quote Cyberlink tech support responded that they've been able to reproduce bitrate the issue in their lab and have forwarded it on to engineering.

I don't have any idea how long it might take to fix the issue, but at least we know they're working on it!

OMG thank you! I can only hope if u hear anything let me know

thanks for everything
    [Post New]
    Quote Cyberlink tech support responded that they've been able to reproduce bitrate the issue in their lab and have forwarded it on to engineering.

wanted to touch base, no they haven't solved it yet, However I may have figured at least a fix in my original random audio drop outs on youtube at the higher bitrate.

the issue: if I use SVRT or a custom higher bitrate the "audio" outputs a "lower sample rate" @ 24 when it should be @ 48 which its recorded at. I happened to notice in the properties of the file that the audio sample rate was 24 and NOT 48. I had a nice higher video bitarate, looks great, plays great but on YT the audio randomly dropped out again. If I use PD default output (lower bitrate) the audio sample rate remains @ 48, and hence no audio issue on YT. I make sure the audio bitrate is at 384 or 256 recomended for YT and that is outputed correctly but the "sample " rate is the problem. this may be the issue for everything I don't know yet.

I reached out to PD to let them know whould you have any Idea or how I can stop that from happening?

thanks again
    Brian