Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT export audio drops in YouTube
[Post New]
Default settings work fine, SVRT export plays fine on CPU but have audio drops on You Tube

Looking for the BEST quality output settings

(Canon 80D 1920 x 1280 24 p 90 mbps .MOV import files exporting H264)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen you post similar things in other threads, but like others who've been helping you I haven't seen issues like you're describing.

Can you use Pack Project Materials under PD's File menu and save a sample project where you've seen this issue to a cloud folder on OneDrive or Google Drive? Please include the SVRT-produced clip too so we can see how that compares to both the source clips and what SVRT looks like on our machines.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I've seen you post similar things in other threads, but like others who've been helping you I haven't seen issues like you're describing.

Can you use Pack Project Materials under PD's File menu and save a sample project where you've seen this issue to a cloud folder on OneDrive or Google Drive? Please include the SVRT-produced clip too so we can see how that compares to both the source clips and what SVRT looks like on our machines.

only happens on playback in youtube i will post you the 2 links one is the default setting and 2 will be the SRVT higher grade setting

default setting

defalt setting lower bitrate

1. codec MPEG-4 AVC
bitrate 15500000
GOP IBBPBBPBBP
audio AAC
audio bitrate 384

SVRT

SVRT setting -

codec MPEG-4 AVC
bitrate 51133184
GOP IBBPBBPBBP
audio AAC
audio bitrate 128

The audio dropps out counter: 24, 37, 50, etc

I thought it was the 128 audio bitrate prob so I increased that to 384, but power director makes be change my varible bit rate down to 3000-600000 I choose the max but problems still there

I've delt with for years, I've alwys just opted to use the defalut setting becsaue it works it just doesn't look as good. Now this project is being picked up for release for streaming services and I need the best possible output. I don't know what setting to use.

thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The specs you've listed don't really help. We'd need to examine the actual clips, and it would also be really helpful to get a link to a YT clip to see if the dropout issue is universal or if it may be related to something on your system.

The more content you can provide, the higher the chances that someone will be able to figure out what's going on.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
Quote The specs you've listed don't really help. We'd need to examine the actual clips, and it would also be really helpful to get a link to a YT clip to see if the dropout issue is universal or if it may be related to something on your system.

The more content you can provide, the higher the chances that someone will be able to figure out what's going on.

I sent you the links to the clips in previouse answer and where in the clip it happens

i'll send it again here > CLICKHERE

the adio drops out at marker: 24, 37, 50 etc

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 15. 2020 16:52

optodata
[Post New]
Ok. We're miscommunicating a bit. I checked the links, and the audio in the original video plays smoothly while the SVRT version has brief dropouts at 0:24 and 0:37 then gets very ragged for several seconds starting at 0:50.

This is helpful because it means that the problem isn't somehow related to your system watching YouTube.

The main things I'm asking for is the source clips and your full PD project. It's hard to understand what's happening without being able to work with your source clips, and if you want to report the issue to Cyberlink so they can try and fix it they'll need them too.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Quote Ok. We're miscommunicating a bit. I checked the links, and the audio in the original video plays smoothly while the SVRT version has brief dropouts at 0:24 and 0:37 then gets very ragged for several seconds starting at 0:50.

This is helpful because it means that the problem isn't somehow related to your system watching YouTube.

The main things I'm asking for is the source clips and your full PD project. It's hard to understand what's happening without being able to work with your source clips, and if you want to report the issue to Cyberlink so they can try and fix it they'll need them too.

ok how do i get that to you?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote .....to see if the dropout issue is universal or if it may be related to something on your system. .....

Hi,
Just to confirm that the drop outs are apparent on streaming from YT and they are clearly evidenced in the audio timeline, if the video is downloaded from YT and put into PDR.

A quick side by side clearly shows the drop out in the SVRT YT version.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Drop out comparison.PNG]
 Filename
Drop out comparison.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2020 17:36

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hi,
Just to confirm that the drop outs are apparent on streaming from YT and they are clearly evidenced in the audio timeline, if the video is downloaded from YT and put into PDR.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

it happenes on any system even on my phone the dropouts are there. You tube is taking my version which sounds and play fine on my system but not on youtube
optodata
[Post New]
Quote ok how do i get that to you?

I just sent you a PM with a link to a folder on my OneDrive account. Once everything is uploaded, I'll paste a read-only link here so other people can test the files on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

I just sent you a PM with a link to a folder on my OneDrive account. Once everything is uploaded, I'll paste a read-only link here so other people can test the files on their systems.

where do i find that folder?
optodata
[Post New]
Ok. I have the project and all clips in this OneDrive folder. The content is 9.7GB so it may take time to download everything.

It's getting late here and I may not have time to do much work this evening, but I'll post again if I find anything quickly.

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Well things are looking very good very quickly over here!

I think you're using PD16. I used PD18/365 for this and I managed to produce a high quality version using SVRT in only 2min 15sec.

Here are the settings I used:

I placed a full copy of the produced clip in the OneDrive folder (linked above). It's called SVRT HD 24p 25Mbps clean sound.mp4 and everything looks and sounds great.

The only odd thing is that I set the bitrate to be 35Mbps, but the produced clip only has 25Mbps, so you can try tweaking that number up closer to 45 or 50Mbps in the custom settings so the output will be closer to the 35Mbps of your MOV clips.

I've also uploaded it to YouTube, and the sound was perfect There's just one typo @ 5:48 - you want "separates" instead of "seperates."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2020 02:22

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Thanks so much I'm going to do that now I'll produce it @ 50 mps and see what happenes will get back to you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2020 20:17

[Post New]
Ok very interesting this is what I have so far:

I still need a better output with B&W you really need it or you see too much noise.

I upped it to 40mps (which like you, still only produced a 25+-mps output) but it works
upped it to 60 mps it works (still only produces a 25+-mps output) don't know why that is happeneing.

here is the interesting part: youhave to use the SVRT checked. with it checked it produces a 1.5+- gig file. If I un check it but not change anything else it produces a file half that size? that is weird.

my conclusions see if you agree:

A. must have the SVRT checked
B. Can't go outside of that PD variable rate 3000-600000 (even if the SVRT tech recomends a higher bitrate you just can't get there)

my question is

1. If PD suggest a better output why doesn't it aloow it to actually happen?

2. why is the acutal final output @ 60mps only 23 mps

Thank you so much once again for everything at least I am closer.

Brian Vadim

https://www.refusetowalktheline.com/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2020 20:18

optodata
[Post New]
You can manually edit the Profile.ini settings and set thte minimum bitrate to a higher value. You can't change that inside PD, so you'll have to close it and open the settings file in Notepad. It's in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\xx.0\UserConfigure folder (where you'd swap in your [username] and "xx" is your version of PD).

You have excellent blacks in the live actor scenes and everything carries through to the SVRT version.

However, once the video is processed by YouTube, I see a grey frame appear for half a second before almost every cut to the mask (like @ 6:18 ). I don't know what to do about that, other than to suggest applying a vignette to the mask clips so that the far edges are completely black.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2020 15:45

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I upped it to 40mps (which like you, still only produced a 25+-mps output) but it works
upped it to 60 mps it works (still only produces a 25+-mps output) don't know why that is happeneing.

here is the interesting part: youhave to use the SVRT checked. with it checked it produces a 1.5+- gig file. If I un check it but not change anything else it produces a file half that size? that is weird.

my conclusions see if you agree:

A. must have the SVRT checked
B. Can't go outside of that PD variable rate 3000-600000 (even if the SVRT tech recomends a higher bitrate you just can't get there)

my question is

1. If PD suggest a better output why doesn't it aloow it to actually happen?

2. why is the acutal final output @ 60mps only 23 mps

I think there are two issues here, and I'm pretty sure they're both related to your use of mostly black clips.

Solid black clips contain no video information, and I don't think you can force PD to produce a video of them with a bitrate of 30Mbps or 60Mbps. Your clips aren't completely black, but they may only contain 10-20Mbps of actual content, and the bitrate problem seems to come from that. Remember that that's the average bitrate for the entire clip, so some sections can be much higher and lower.

I produced the project 4 times with the same output profile, but using different producing methods:

Produce Method File Size Avg Bitrate Production Time
SVRT 1.6GB 22.5Mbps 2:27
Intel QuickSync 1.47GB 21.9Mbps 2:41
nVidia NVENC 708MB 10.0Mbps 2:17
CPU 654MB 9.2Mbps 2:55

Only the SVRT and Intel QuickSync clips had bitrates above 20Mbps, while the nVidia and CPU-produced version were less than half of that, even though the custom profile had <Min Bitrate> set to 30000000.

So the second issue is why these two production methods have such drastically lower bitrates even when using the same output profile. I would have guessed that one or both hardware encoding outputs could have been off, but not one HW and CPU producing.

I have just reported these issues to Cyberlink for further investigation on ticket number CS002191028, and hopefully we'll learn more about what's going on soon. I've also uploaded the 4 test clips to the OneDrive folder in my earlier post, and they're simply named CPU, SVRT, QuickSync and NVENC.mp4.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2020 16:44

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

I think there are two issues here, and I'm pretty sure they're both related to your use of mostly black clips.

Solid black clips contain no video information, and I don't think you can force PD to produce a video of them with a bitrate of 30Mbps or 60Mbps. Your clips aren't completely black, but they may only contain 10-20Mbps of actual content, and the bitrate problem seems to come from that. Remember that that's the average bitrate for the entire clip, so some sections can be much higher and lower.

I produced the project 4 times with the same output profile, but using different producing methods:

Produce Method File Size Avg Bitrate Production Time
SVRT 1.6GB 22.5Mbps 2:27
Intel QuickSync 1.47GB 21.9Mbps 2:41
nVidia NVENC 708MB 10.0Mbps 2:17
CPU 654MB 9.2Mbps 2:55

Only the SVRT and Intel QuickSync clips had bitrates above 20Mbps, while the nVidia and CPU-produced version were less than half of that, even though the custom profile had <Min Bitrate> set to 30000000.

So the second issue is why these two production methods have such drastically lower bitrates even when using the same output profile. I would have guessed that one or both hardware encoding outputs could have been off, but not one HW and CPU producing.

I have just reported these issues to Cyberlink for further investigation on ticket number CS002191028, and hopefully we'll learn more about what's going on soon. I've also uploaded the 4 test clips to the OneDrive folder in my earlier post, and they're simply named CPU, SVRT, QuickSync and NVENC.mp4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2020 22:18

[Post New]

very intersesting and thanks again I will follow the ticket for any updates.

1. I looked at the clips and to me the the quicksynck is the "blackest" looking I don't know what quicksynch is..

2. Yes I go for the film noir look, I shoot in camera B&W mostly, it looks better then shooting colour then doing it in post. In camera produces beautiful results, like glass. But YT squashes it so much the black looks pixelly, that is how I got here. I'm close but thought i need a better product to upload.

3. One more thinkg getting back to my orignal issue the YT audio dropps. Why was that happening? That the file would play fine on CPU but after upload on YT the dropps happened? what about the file did YT not like? any ideas?

thanks again for everything

Brian Vadim

https://www.refusetowalktheline.com/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2020 22:45

optodata
[Post New]
  1. I looked at the clips and to me the the quicksynck is the "blackest" looking I don't know what quicksynch is..

QuickSync is the video encoding hardware in newer Intel CPUs. NVENC is the hardware video encoder used by nVidia cards. You will only have one option shown, but you can switch the GPU that PD uses before starting the app.

If you have an Intel CPU, look at this post but choose "Power Saving" for both of the apps to force PD to use the Intel encoder. Along with SVRT you'll see that the other option on the Produce page will be "Intel Quick Sync"

• Yes I go for the film noir look, I shoot in camera B&W mostly, it looks better then shooting colour then doing it in post. In camera produces beautiful results, like glass. But YT squashes it so much the black looks pixelly, that is how I got here. I'm close but thought i need a better product to upload.

• That's the hardest part to do anything about, because your source clips are perfect and YT's rendering causes the gray artifacts. I don't know if Vimeo or another streaming service would have the same issues or not.

• One more thinkg getting back to my orignal issue the YT audio dropps. Why was that happening? That the file would play fine on CPU but after upload on YT the dropps happened? what about the file did YT not like? any ideas?

• I don't know why that was happening or why the new profile seemed to fix it. You can try producing to a different audio format if the issue comes back. You're now using AAC but you can change the profile to use LPCM or Dolby Digital.

YouTube/optodata