Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
export settings for the highest quality?
[Post New]
I want the best quality I can get when exporting my movie, shot on Canon 80D. It's for release so I need the best I can get out of this, don't know what is the best setting to use H264 or H265 and should I change anything else I.E bitrate?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want the best quality I can get when exporting my movie, shot on Canon 80D. It's for release so I need the best I can get out of this, don't know what is the best setting to use H264 or H265 and should I change anything else I.E bitrate?

Usually the same as you recorded. Have you tried "Intelligent SVRT" or "Profile Analyzer" (depending on PD version) in "Produce" room or at least looked at your video specs with MediaInfo or the like?

Jeff
[Post New]

Usually the same as you recorded. Have you tried "Intelligent SVRT" or "Profile Analyzer" (depending on PD version) in "Produce" room or at least looked at your video specs with MediaInfo or the like?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

Yes I've tried the SVRT and it does gives me options which I have used in the past, however everytime I do when I upload to youtube I get audio droppouts on the playback out of no where but not when exporting using the default setting the default setting. And no the movie won't be release on youtube I have just tried to look at clips.
So what you are saying is that SVRT is giving me the best setting? and what about h265? and why to audio drop outs on you tube with the SVRT setting? this has baffeld me for quite awhile and can't find an answer

Thanks again
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Have you listened to the PD SVRT produced clip, does it have audio dropouts as you note prior to your YouTube upload which will encode the clip again?

If your camera source is H.264, reencoding to H.265 usually does not add quality, as indicated prior, to obtain the quality of the source, producing to the same is usually the best advice.

What is your recorded video format, framerate, what bitrate, progressive or interlaced, frame size, these are the specifics to match and all available from MediaInfo. I would use these to build a profile if SVRT automatic profile is not matching and use this created profile with CPU encoding and decoding for your best pass.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote Have you listened to the PD SVRT produced clip, does it have audio dropouts as you note prior to your YouTube upload which will encode the clip again?

If your camera source is H.264, reencoding to H.265 usually does not add quality, as indicated prior, to obtain the quality of the source, producing to the same is usually the best advice.

What is your recorded video format, framerate, what bitrate, progressive or interlaced, frame size, these are the specifics to match and all available from MediaInfo. I would use these to build a profile if SVRT automatic profile is not matching and use this created profile with CPU encoding and decoding for your best pass.

Jeff

1920x1080 MOV ALL-I 24p 90 Mbps The SVRT seems to be close in bit rate it usually gives me 3 to shoose from. I don't understand what you mean about CPU encoding an decooding sorry, I just use what Powerdirector says.

And Yes to your first question, I've used the SVRT setting in the past plaus fine on cpu but after uploaded to YOUTUBE in play back I get audio droppouts, its very strange its speratic here and there for just s second but everytime I've done it happens.

thanks again Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote 1920x1080 MOV ALL-I 24p 90 Mbps The SVRT seems to be close in bit rate it usually gives me 3 to shoose from. I don't understand what you mean about CPU encoding an decooding sorry, I just use what Powerdirector says.

I've never seen SVRT create a compatible profile for all I frame if that's what you really have, you need to create that profile manually. As a starter, you can use a SVRT generated profile and then modify the profile.ini file to adjust. Verify what you have with MediaInfo.

The 3 bitrate choices are probably because you have multiple clips in the timeline which are variable bitrate and some differences between them. Put a single clip in the timeline and you will probably end up with just 1 bitrate profile.

CPU encoding > do not check any form of "Fast video rendering technology:" on the "Produce" page
CPU decoding > do not check "Enable hardware decoding" in pref > Hardware Acceleration

Jeff
[Post New]

I've never seen SVRT create a compatible profile for all I frame if that's what you really have, you need to create that profile manually. As a starter, you can use a SVRT generated profile and then modify the profile.ini file to adjust. Verify what you have with MediaInfo.

The 3 bitrate choices are probably because you have multiple clips in the timeline which are variable bitrate and some differences between them. Put a single clip in the timeline and you will probably end up with just 1 bitrate profile.

CPU encoding > do not check any form of "Fast video rendering technology:" on the "Produce" page
CPU decoding > do not check "Enable hardware decoding" in pref > Hardware Acceleration

Jeff

thanks again Jeff

ok got it no checking those boxes, when i select the default (1920 x 1280 24p the details shows they are seleting a bit of 15500000.

is that good? or should I try to imput a higher rate? tanx!

UPDATE: here is where I am at
made sure nothing was checked, made sure audio is at 384, went tothe max of variable bitrate where powerdirector allows me @ 60000000, uploaded to youtube looks much better but same audio dropps here and there. I am at a loss. If i use the default setting it works fine but doesn't look as good.

If i use SVRT to see the profile which is much larger bit @ 51133184 however the audio is @ 128 if I try to change it to 384 then the varible bit rate come in and says I have to choose bewteen 30000-600000 . So there is the other problem from what i understand you need 384 . again I am at a loss. defeated ,stuck with no solutions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 15. 2020 14:16

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since Intelligent SVRT suggested a 15.5Mbps profile and you stated your source is 90Mbps, yes that would be some serious picture quality loss.

My guess is your source slips are not really 90Mbps but maybe have a peak rate of such and are probably highly variable bitrate which PD can struggle with. If so, that can cause audio hiccups too.
I
f the above are valid, I'd serious look at converting your source clips with like Handbrake to a very common H.264 format and edit those in PD and see if audio drop out symptoms persists on your YouTube upload.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote Since Intelligent SVRT suggested a 15.5Mbps profile and you stated your source is 90Mbps, yes that would be some serious picture quality loss.

My guess is your source slips are not really 90Mbps but maybe have a peak rate of such and are probably highly variable bitrate which PD can struggle with. If so, that can cause audio hiccups too.
I
f the above are valid, I'd serious look at converting your source clips with like Handbrake to a very common H.264 format and edit those in PD and see if audio drop out symptoms persists on your YouTube upload.

Jeff

I'm sorry no SVRT suggests much higher very close to 90mbs its the default setting that uses 15.5 and there is the problem. the defalt setting no problem its the high SVRT that has the hicups, NOT on playback from my PC only after I upload it to youtube then on the YT play is the problem