Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Title Templates be Edited?
Elba [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2020 16:24 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
All the new packs for titles are awesome, but I find they are worthless if I can't change the coloring of them. I don't find any tutorials or mention of that. Am I right? or am I missing something? Can I change the color of those?

I'm not talking about the text, I know I can change that.
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I normally change the coloring by adding the "Replace Color" effect to the Title. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
Elba [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I normally change the coloring by adding the "Replace Color" effect to the Title.

And how do I do that? I don't have any options on the templates to change any element of the template. I can only change the color and the style of the fonts. That's it.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
It's not in the template itself.

You add the title to the timeline and then apply the replace colour effect from the effects room (from NewBlue Video Essentials 6).
You can then choose the colour you wish to replace and the colour you want in it's place.

I just tried it, it's made easy in the case of these titles as the yellow they have used is in the colour pallette so you don't have to do a lot of work getting the shade right.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
(Philwild answered as I was typing)

Look in the FX room, and drag the Replace Color effect directly onto the title on the timeline, then click on the Effect tool above the timeline to select the source and replacement colors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2020 16:26

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]

And how do I do that? I don't have any options on the templates to change any element of the template. I can only change the color and the style of the fonts. That's it.

After editing your Title and putting it on the Title Track go the the FX room and look for the effect "Replace Color". Put that effect on your title in the title track and replace in the effect settings the selected color of an element with a chosen replacement color. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
You get three times the same solution, now nothing can go wrong.laughing Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Elba [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank all for the help but I don't have "color replacement" on the options under NewBlue Video Essensials (or under anything for that fact).

I click on "Download NewBlue Effects" and it takes me to a blank page, so that's a brick wall there.

I did try the "Tint" option and it works but that way is not very accurate if you want a specific color.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No, you need to use the FX called Color Replace (if you'r system's language is English). Not all versions will have the right NewBlue FX.

Hit the F4 key to go to the Effect Room, then type color into the search box and hit Enter to see the list:

Elba [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No, you need to use the FX called Color Replace (if you'r system's language is English). Not all versions will have the right NewBlue FX.

Hit the F4 key to go to the Effect Room, then type color into the search box and hit Enter to see the list:

Ok, got it - THANKS! ...I was looking under the subdir I was told "NewBlue Video Essentials" even though I looked on all the other NewBlue subcats,

This will only help me with 1 COLOR, right? So if I have 3 colors to change, I'm in the same predicament. I tried to bring more than 1 fx but couldn't. Am I correct? or is there a workaround?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2020 10:40

optodata
[Post New]
You can add up to 5 FX per clip, but they have to be different effects, meaning you can't add multiple Replace Color FX. Check and see if you can find NewBlue Color Swap and NewBlue Color Replace and add both of them to your title.

Be aware that the effects may interfere with each other, and you may have to use one particular effect first to get everything working correctly, but you can do things like this:

One thing to note is that the colors may flicker when you preview the project, but that's because PD is having to swap out the color each time a new frame appears. It shouldn't be present in the produced video.