Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why does an image in my timeline in PowerDirector show up brighter?
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there, when I put images in my timeline and press play, for some reason in the video box to the right the image shows up brighter than what it normally looks like, and only darkens when I click on it. When I export the file, it goes back to normal. Is there a way I can turn this off (or something) because it gets irritating because for the type of videos I make I need to know how bright the image is actually going to be when I export it.

Here you can see how bright the image is supposed to be as opposed to when I drag it into the timeline:
https://imgur.com/a/BHatXNy
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In pref you might try to set Timeline preview output color to RGB, and see if the issue goes away. The default setting is YUV and appears to cause some issues for some.

Jeff