Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam differences and install on multiple computers
ceb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2020 13:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed YouCam9 (Essential) to see if the basic version works for me or if the paid version will give me additional useful features.

However, I've been unable to find the differences. Other posts where this question is asked invariably link to the main page that show ALL the features, but never identify which are in the basic version and which are in the paid version.

It makes no sense to say "pay for the better version" but never identify what you get.

My second question pertains to installs. I generally use two computers (each with two user accounts) and the software will be used primarily for business calls.

Would I need to purchase a license for each computer and user? How do I install the free version? I can clearly use two separate email accounts but it would seem to make sense if I could install the version on multiple computers without using multiple email accounts to install the software.

This reminds me of the original Cyberlink software of 20 years ago that made you jump through a zillion hoops to register software.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
The Essential version lets you try the "premium" features for free for 30-days. After that, they won't be available in the app.

You can find the detailed list on the CL webpage. Here it is below:

"YouCam - enhance your video calls, streams, and broadcasts.
This best-selling webcam software features app integration, real-time skin enhancements, 200 AR effects, frames & scenes, and more. Perfect for meetings, streams, and broadcasts!

Our most-loved features:
Makeup effects
-Video overlays
-Full HD 1080p video & effects
-Smart video enhancements
-Face beautifier (skin-enhancing effects)
-Augmented reality effects
-Dual camera mode for video calls
-Stylish presentation mode
-Desktop recording
-Photo editing presets
-Face log-in (Windows Hello)
-Share desktop view and presentations

Enjoy these premium features in any scenario for work, home, or leisure. After 30 days, you'll continue to enjoy the core features that make YouCam an essential software to have on your Windows PC."

Oh...and when you buy the software, it is a license to install on one computer only.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2020 20:41

ceb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The Essential version lets you try the "premium" features for free for 30-days. After that, they won't be available in the app.

You can find the detailed list on the CL webpage. Here it is below:

"YouCam - enhance your video calls, streams, and broadcasts.
This best-selling webcam software features app integration, real-time skin enhancements, 200 AR effects, frames & scenes, and more. Perfect for meetings, streams, and broadcasts!

Our most-loved features:
Makeup effects
-Video overlays
-Full HD 1080p video & effects
-Smart video enhancements
-Face beautifier (skin-enhancing effects)
-Augmented reality effects
-Dual camera mode for video calls
-Stylish presentation mode
-Desktop recording
-Photo editing presets
-Face log-in (Windows Hello)
-Share desktop view and presentations

Enjoy these premium features in any scenario for work, home, or leisure. After 30 days, you'll continue to enjoy the core features that make YouCam an essential software to have on your Windows PC."

Oh...and when you buy the software, it is a license to install on one computer only.

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps the question I should have asked is "What features are left after the 30 days are over?"

Also, since I have two accounts on the same computer - one personal, one for our non-profit, do I have to buy two licenses? Reinstalling the software on the second account does not allow me to log in using the same credentials, but allowed me to "transfer" the account. I guess I could do that forever but that seems a bit of a pain.

Thanks again - most helpful. The website is (intentionally?) quite cryptic about the "essential" features.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps the question I should have asked is "What features are left after the 30 days are over?"

Also, since I have two accounts on the same computer - one personal, one for our non-profit, do I have to buy two licenses? Reinstalling the software on the second account does not allow me to log in using the same credentials, but allowed me to "transfer" the account. I guess I could do that forever but that seems a bit of a pain.

Thanks again - most helpful. The website is (intentionally?) quite cryptic about the "essential" features.

Ha...probably intentionally. To answer your question, there is no list of what is availablle, just what won't be available after 30 days. I see there is an FAQ about it as well: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25207

If you mean that you will install on a single Windows computer that you log into with two different accounts, that should be fine. If you have admin permissions, you can just choose to install for all users. It usually does this by default.

Dave
ceb [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ha...probably intentionally. To answer your question, there is no list of what is availablle, just what won't be available after 30 days. I see there is an FAQ about it as well: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25207

If you mean that you will install on a single Windows computer that you log into with two different accounts, that should be fine. If you have admin permissions, you can just choose to install for all users. It usually does this by default.

Dave

Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

Yes, one computer with two different accounts and I have admin rights. I guess I'll try to reinstall as admin. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Most sites have a list of features that are available in the free and paid versions. I guess that would be too easy.

Thanks again