Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DirectX 11
[Post New]
I just purchased PowerDirector 365. According to an error message I get my older graphics card (Geforce 8400GS) is not compatible with DirectX 11. So I can't use many of those packs I downloaded (minimalist title pack, etc), most of the callouts, shapes. I can't afford a new graphics card right now. How disapointing. The error message also states that I need a platform update for Windows 7. I have Windows 8.1. What kind of sense does that make? Is there not some kind of software solution for this?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, your GPU was designed way back in 2007 and it's simply too old to be supported by current software. It also doesn't have any video encoding hardware that PD can use, so it won't be of any help when producing.

You can get a DirectX 11/12-compatible GT 710 card for as little as $50 on Amazon, which will at least let you access the effects - but that one still doesn't support any hardware video encoding.

The cheapest one I could find with the necessary NVENC hardware was this GT 635. You're welcome to explore other options and this guide will let you know the capabilities of all compatible nVidia cards.

If that's out of your budget you may want to cancel your PD365 subscription for a full refund as you have 30 days to do so.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Thanks so much for your help! I will check out those cards. I didn't know there were any that inexpensive. Even though I can't use a lot of those effects, I can still make the videos I've been making even though the producing takes longer, so I won't be cancelling my subscription. Thanks again for your response.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks so much for your help! I will check out those cards. I didn't know there were any that inexpensive. Even though I can't use a lot of those effects, I can still make the videos I've been making even though the producing takes longer, so I won't be cancelling my subscription. Thanks again for your response.

Hey Randy! Welcome to the forum. You will soon see that optodata is one of the many reliable members of this forum. So much knowledge here. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.