Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You are using a feature that requires a web browser
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
You are using a feature that requires a web browser. Please install a web browser and try again.

I have two computers (Win10, Cycberlink 365 sub) and get this message a lot when clicking on online media clips in PD. I think and hope clicking on the clips should open a preview but who knows. I use Firefox but of course have MS Edge installed. Where I am seeing this right now is clicking on a Shutterstock media clip. I can download them but I'd love to preview beforehand if possible. Some of the clips are pretty big.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You are using a feature that requires a web browser. Please install a web browser and try again.

I have two computers (Win10, Cycberlink 365 sub) and get this message a lot when clicking on online media clips in PD. I think and hope clicking on the clips should open a preview but who knows. I use Firefox but of course have MS Edge installed. Where I am seeing this right now is clicking on a Shutterstock media clip. I can download them but I'd love to preview beforehand if possible. Some of the clips are pretty big.

Not a 365 user but issue sounds similar to others which required IE to be active.
Select Start > Search , and enter Windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off from the results and make sure the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is checked. Often have to restart. If not this you can also deactivate again.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You are using a feature that requires a web browser. Please install a web browser and try again.
I think and hope clicking on the clips should open a preview but who knows. I use Firefox but of course have MS Edge installed. Where I am seeing this right now is clicking on a Shutterstock media clip.

Clicking on a Shutterstock video or photo clip does open a new tab on Edge on my two Win10 systems. This is the link I got when I clicked on the 1st video clip preview. You can preview or even download the full clip from that webpage.

There isn't any way to tell how big the clip is from within PD or from the preview webpage, but the size will appear as soon as you click on the Download button:

There have been many reports of people having internet connectivity issues when using PD over the years I've been on the forum, but there hasn't been a consistent cause or resolution that I'm aware of.

On my system, I have to restart Windows if I turn IE11 on or off; and with it off, I get the same error message you saw when trying to preview any Shutterstock clip, even though Edge and the CL App Manager worked normally.

Re-enabling IE11 and rebooting restored the Shutterstock preview, but I'm not sure if that will help if IE11 is already enabled on your system.
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys. This fixed my problem.

I was not expecting the previews to load up in Firefox (set as my default) browser but it works just great.

Activating IE11 is really burried in Windows 2004 but it can be done.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks guys. This fixed my problem.

I was not expecting the previews to load up in Firefox (set as my default) browser but it works just great.

Activating IE11 is really burried in Windows 2004 but it can be done.

Yep, with IE's 3% worldwide browser market share and sunset from MS, pretty hard to believe the browser needs to be activated, but that's CL and PD. MS I believe documents they will continue to make available in this buried fashion until Windows 10 EOL, ~2025, so probably a PD need until then.

Jeff
DJWE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2021 11:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Not a 365 user but issue sounds similar to others which required IE to be active.
Select Start > Search , and enter Windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off from the results and make sure the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is checked. Often have to restart. If not this you can also deactivate again.

Jeff

Hi! I have revised my reply since reinstalling IE 11, restarting the computer and starting IE 11 did fix the problem with the help! However, this solution is still not advisable. I have been told to uninstall IE 11 since Microsoft no longer supports it and probably will not fix security issues anymore. Cyperlink should fix this so the selected/preferred browser works from start. Powerdirector 365 is the only software I know of that has this issue and I do have plenty... (;o) Regards; DJWE

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 10. 2021 12:31