Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
High Bit rate videos laggy and uneditable
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
QuestionID = CS002181365

Got the generic first response stuff sent more info and awaiting as this is clearly a powerdirector problem
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I thought I'd try using the profile analyzer on the produce tab, and it recomends MP4 > 3840x2160 > at 10000fps lol
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I used MediaInfo and found the original clip (test.mp4) you shared is encoded in 10K fps (it is in dynamic fps and the maximum frame rate is 10K).

As what you said "New phone, new problem", did your new phone really record the 4k 60p video properly?

If a video contains 10k frames a second and the resolution is in 4K, I'm not surprised it will be laggy and uneditable in a video editor. Even though it can be edited in other video editors, it cannot explain and proof that your source video file is a fine one.

Have you ever contacted your phone vendor to clarify this technical issue?
It does not encode video properly with correct video metadata.
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I used MediaInfo and found the original clip (test.mp4) you shared is encoded in 10K fps (it is in dynamic fps and the maximum frame rate is 10K).

As what you said "New phone, new problem", did your new phone really record the 4k 60p video properly?

If a video contains 10k frames a second and the resolution is in 4K, I'm not surprised it will be laggy and uneditable in a video editor. Even though it can be edited in other video editors, it cannot explain and proof that your source video file is a fine one.

Have you ever contacted your phone vendor to clarify this technical issue?
It does not encode video properly with correct video metadata.

Thanks for looking into it, Yeah its really odd. But the video stays at 59-60fps when playing never goes up lol so thats weird.

Yeah deffiantly a weird encoding issue with the phone, but PowerDirector is the only video editor that doesnt support it correctly despite the weirdness of the file.

Phone venders will never help with this, they'll blame the computer, person, user error or want to RMA the phone lol. When its clearly a software issue on there side. Its the OnePlus 8.

Every video clip that comes from this phone, I have to render the clip unedited first in powerdirector, and then edit the rendered clip as a workaround.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Somehow I missed the stats on the original clip, but now that we all know it has a max framerate of 10kfps, that at least explains why PD's shadow files ended up with that framerate.

I just ran the clip through Virtual Dub2 and re-encoded the clip at a constant 60fps. I don't see any issues when working with this clip in PD, and I imagine it'll work fine on your system as well

You may want to take a look at the video settings on the new phone to see if changing any of them can avoid recording with spurious fps.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
No settings to change for frame rate except for 240fps slow motion. It also happens in 3rd party camera apps as well. Really strange software issue.

4K at 10kfps would be nice at slow motion for a $350 phone haha.