Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source Error
NEIL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 11:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
On publishing a project to AVI file I keep getting the following error message :
" Media Source Error. A Front End Graph Streaming Error occurred. Please try again or contact Cyberlink Customer support."
How do I fix this ?

Thanks in anticipation

Neil
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Probably a lack of a codec on your system. Go to support and ask.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2009 12:28

NEIL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,
Technical support have given me a detailed reply for a reinstall of the Power director software and a patch link.
I will try that and let you know how I get on
NEIL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I have done exactly as the Technical support team said, downloaded the patch etc and got the latest PD build.

Unfortunatley this hasnt solved the problem and I am still getting the same "front end graph streaming error"

I have however, removed a short section of the movie where it was happening and it seems to have saved ok. maybe there was a corrupt MPEG 2 in there. Ive never had this problem before so I hope it doesnt happen again..

I am recording the clips with a Sony Handycam HDD which has always been ok upto now.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil,
I have come across this error message before mainly when using pre-beta builds and it was related to file reading.

From the additional information supplied. The camera may just have created a corrupt media file.

Information is the key to getting answers on a forum.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2009 10:13