Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 4 doesn't like my GoPro Hero 7?
GarethWilliams [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2020 16:38 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Upgraded my Screen Recorder to V4 as wanted to be able to embed my webcam into my screen recording. I have a GoPro Hero 7 Black and read all I needed was the correct HDMI cable and a HDMI to USB adaptor and away I went. As I have 2 HDMI ports on my Nvidia GTX graphics card I just ordered the cable only and not the USB adaptor.

Plugged it all in and in the GoPro input/output settings changed it to live like it says to do before going back to Screen Recorder 4 but nothing. When I go to the webcam settings and check to set up the webcam is has nothing listed and doesn't recognise it?

Tried everything but it's not playing ball!

Anyone know if the Hero 7 Black is compatible with the Screen Recorder 4 software and if it is, where am I going wrong?!!

TIA

Gareth
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think this has anything to do with SR4. The HDMI ports on GPU cards are output only and are designed to drive external monitors. You won'r ever be able to send video to the computer using any of those ports. Some computers might have HDMI input ports, but they are not common.

I suggest you follow the directions exactly and purchase an HDMI to USB adapter so that your GoPro's output video can be sent into an available USB port on your computer. At that point everything should work as expected.
GarethWilliams [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2020 16:38 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Little update.

After not getting the GoPro to be recognised and after being told the HDMI port on the video card was an output and not input I went ahead and bought one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-USB-Video-Capture-Card-1080P-HD-Recorder-Game-Video-Live-Streaming-0203/293635630778?hash=item445e0c26ba:g:NxwAAOSw80Fe~wll

The item arrived today and I plugged it in. I've got some success as the Screen Recorder 4 software now can find USB video in the webcam settings and I can see myself using the full screen preview. I can also change in the Screen Recorder 4 webcam settings the video quality from VGA up to 4K so using this box is allowing the GoPro and software to talk to one another.

As I said, there is some success as the video and audio are not lining up so if I move then it takes a good second before the on screen preview moves. Due to this the external mic I'm using is picking up the audio in real time but the video is lagged so on playback it looks all weird?

I've looked online and it said to uncheck the auto low light correction button but mine isn't ticked, nor can I click into the box to tick it either?

Any help would be appreciated!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure how you've got everything set up, or what you're trying to capture with the webcam displayed on the screen.

Normally, you wouldn't want anything on your screen to to end up in view of the webcam, as there will be an long series of feedback images and sound that are all delayed from one step to another.

Please take a screenshot of what your monitor currently shows (use the Alt + Print Screen keys) then paste the image into Paint and save the image as a JPG or PNG.

Next, use the Attachments button (below the forum's text box) to upload it for us to see here.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2020 22:54