Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I downloaded and installed the content packs for PD 18, but I don't have any of the promised effects
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
So I installed six different Content Packs for PowerDirector 18, and I previously asked a question on this forum about what effects they gave me and someone sent me a list, however I don't have any of the effects promised in that list. Did I somehow install them wrong? Is there a reason they are not showing up? Does the fact I still have PowerDirector 14 on my computer affect anything?

I downloaded:
Content Pack Essential
Content Pack Premium 1
Content Pack Premium 2
Content Pack Premium 3
Content Pack Premium 4
Content Pack Premium 5
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
What type of license do you have, perpetual or subscription? Can you post a screen capture pic of the edit interface with a room opened that you have missing features? Issue might be as simple as project aspect ratio that is limiting some features like perhaps "Titles" so the pic may help us see what you have.

Jeff
jerry___ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What type of license do you have, perpetual or subscription? Can you post a screen capture pic of the edit interface with a room opened that you have missing features? Issue might be as simple as project aspect ratio that is limiting some features like perhaps "Titles" so the pic may help us see what you have.

Jeff

Hey there, sorry about the late response. I am using perpetual. Here is a screenshot example of what Content Pack Premium 1 is supposed to give me and a screenshot of the transition room, PiP objects, and effects room where everything is missing.
https://imgur.com/a/WfK1Be0
I just realized something even weirder. . .apparently I have all of the transitions I was supposed to receive but I still am missing PiP objects and blending effects. . .that's just for Content Pack 1, I'll do a more thorough search to see what I do and don't have.
jerry___ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What type of license do you have, perpetual or subscription? Can you post a screen capture pic of the edit interface with a room opened that you have missing features? Issue might be as simple as project aspect ratio that is limiting some features like perhaps "Titles" so the pic may help us see what you have.

Jeff

So yeah, it appears I received all of the transitions but nothing else. Odd.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your screenshot is of the Particle Room (F6). PiP objects are in the next icon up, Video Overlay (PiP Objects) (F5)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2020 14:11

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jerry___ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your screenshot is of the Particle Room (F6). PiP objects are in the next icon up, Video Overlay (PiP Objects) (F5)

ah sorry. Ok now that that's figured out it appears that I actually do have the PiP objects, but I think I still don't have the blending effects. Just for clarification because of my past mistake, which room is the one for blending effects?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff provided you with the answer to all of your questions in the other thread you started. Please review the linked page there which details the items contained in every single pack, including where you will find each kind of object inside PD.

For blending effects, I suggest starting with Content Pack Premium 2.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jerry___ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Jeff provided you with the answer to all of your questions in the other thread you started. Please review the linked page there which details the items contained in every single pack, including where you will find each kind of object inside PD.

For blending effects, I suggest starting with Content Pack Premium 2.

apologies, I missed the parts where they tell you how to find each effects. Pretty stupid on my part :p