Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pdvd 8 functions failing
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2009 01:42 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
newb to blu ray disc and cannot say i am totally blown away by it.

if anyone knows of a bd player that will play a bd movie by just inserting the disc into the player and selecting play from a media center remote { and no prompts } please share that application.

Power DVD 8 does a good job at playing bd once you get through all the prompts of the 'upgrade' option, the nagging reminder 'of registering' the product, the 'play - resume' box and the reminder that you are 'not' configured for 5.1 doby digital.

until recently i wasnt able to watch any bd content, i now have built a media center box for watching HD DVD and HD BD movies that i purchase at retail outlets, to say its frustrating to keep getting off the couch and using a keyboard and mouse to get a movie started is putting it litely, if content providers and software providers expect to excell in H-Deff content then they will need to get thier act's together, as of right now its not.

why anyone would upgrade to PDVD 9 with all the prompts and lack of user configuration is beyond me, i wont !

My Hardware

NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B Aluminum ATX Case
Enermax 365P-VE PSU
P4 540J/3.2E HT 800mhz/775 / AC Freezer 7 Pro
Intel D945Pvs Media Series 775
WD 160/8mb Sata 7200
2gb DDR2 800 {PC2 6400} DC Kit
Gigabyte Radeon HD 4670 512/128 bit
Lite-On 4X BD Reader Sata PDVD 8 oem
Windows 7
Ms MC IR & Remote
Panny 50" Plasma G15 HDTV
Moviebuff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:31 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink point out that BluRay DVDs will require version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra for a perfect movie reproduction, and also refer to the high computer specification.
I certainly find PowerDVD software not to be as their advertising scroll.
I note that sound 5.1 surround will not work (speech) is lost unless PowerDVD four speakers is selected. I always believed that 5.1 was six speakers in number ie 5 peakers plus one woofer speaker. Suggestions will be most appreciated.
Moviebuff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:31 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
What causes the playback to be jerky and freeze, sound is also coarse and breaking up. Anyone suggest, how to fix these errors? Suggestions will be most appreciated.
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2009 01:42 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
your gona have to go to another forum to get answers as this forum is dead, sorry i cant help, good luck !