Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing 360 degree videos
MariánB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2020 11:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone,
I have been using PD for a few days to create my 360 ° videos. Can anyone advise me how to use a smooth rotation of the image by, for example, 90 ° and then back? So how do I know this in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Does anyone use PD to edit such videos? Experiences? Tutorials?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to create smooth rotation of the video, since the whole point of 360 is that the viewer chooses which part of the 360 image to view.

During the editing process, you may experience some lag as you work with 360 videos. But that's only because 360 videos are so intensive to edit. Once you output your movie to a 360-compatible format, you should be able to view it pretty smoothly in a program like VLC Media Player.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello everyone,
I have been using PD for a few days to create my 360 ° videos. Can anyone advise me how to use a smooth rotation of the image by, for example, 90 ° and then back? So how do I know this in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Does anyone use PD to edit such videos? Experiences? Tutorials?

Perhaps this tutiorial video will help. It is basic.
MariánB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Nie som si istý, čo máte na mysli, keď poviete, že chcete vytvoriť plynulú rotáciu videa, pretože celkovým bodom 360 je to, že divák si vyberie, ktorú časť obrázka 360 má zobraziť.

Počas úpravy môžete pri práci so 360 videami zaznamenať určité oneskorenie. Ale to je len preto, že 360 ​​videí je tak náročných na úpravu. Po výstupe filmu do formátu kompatibilného s 360 by ste ho mali mať možnosť hladko zobraziť v programe, ako je VLC Media Player.

Check out this video of mine: https://youtu.be/lE6tWrJOBzc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2020 11:16

MariánB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, but this video shows tivial editing options. That didn't help me.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see that this video directs the viewer to look in a specific direction. Like most 360 videos, the viewer controls where he looks.
MariánB [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quotePostId = 340236] Nevidím, že toto video nasmeruje diváka na konkrétny smer. Ako väčšina 360 videí, divák ovláda, kde vyzerá. [/ QuotePostId]

Yes, the viewer controls the direction of the video, but when he moves it with the mouse. I want to set the direction of rotation and the speed to the position I want to show - I navigate it. In PD, the initial position of the video can be set, but not the smooth rotation shift. I thought it would be possible in a keyframe. Cannot be used correctly for 360 ° video (it distorts the image)
I just want to know if this is possible in PD?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The best way to have full control of what a view sees in a 360° video is to produce it as a conventional video and use the View Designer to control the view. This thread has more info.

If you're trying to do that in a true 360° video, you'll have to cut the clip into sections and set the starting view in each of them, although I'm not sure you can smoothly match the rotation changes. That is what this user wanted to do.

There's also no way of recovering the desired view point once the user changes the view on their end, so even a single shift near the beginning will place your directed view somewhere other than the center as the video plays. Maybe you can place wording at the beginning, in the title, or in the comments to NOT change the view, but people watching on phones will have to sit very still to keep the viewpoint from shifting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2020 16:06