Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colourising old photos ( colorizing old photos )
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
OK, however you spell it on which ever side of the pond laughing Has anyone had any success with adding colour to old photos ?

Included is a photo I've started in some "other" photo editing software, but I can't make it work in PhotoDirector! The "How To Do It" help videos are not very helpful for what I'm trying to achieve here.

Any suggestions please ?

Cheers
[Thumb - Wellington-001.jpg]
 Filename
Wellington-001.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Old photo
 Filesize
1415 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2020 17:25

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Google what you want to do and find that there are apps out there that use Artificial intelligence to make it much easier to colorize photos over like doing it manually in PhotoDirector.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Google what you want to do and find that there are apps out there that use Artificial intelligence to make it much easier to colorize photos over like doing it manually in PhotoDirector.

Thanks tomsac, did a search the resilts are very interesting for a very quick result. smile I would still like to try to achieve better results by doing it myself ( if possible !), must be my arty background I guessinnocent

Take care. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
selersanthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2020 08:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OK, however you spell it on which ever side of the pond laughing Has anyone had any success with adding colour to old photos ?

Included is a photo I've started in some "other" photo editing software, but I can't make it work in PhotoDirector! The "How To Do It" help videos are not very helpful for what I'm trying to achieve here.

Any suggestions please ?

Cheers

Photoshop is an industry standard. Maybe with it it will turn out better? )))
Kyle 40
[Post New]

Photoshop is an industry standard. Maybe with it it will turn out better? )))

Hi selersanthony, you're quite right, Photoshop is the software that most folk who do retouch/colourising use.
But you see the problem is I don't have/own it ! I'm looking to see if it's possible to use a bit of software that I've used for many a year now. Even though PhotoDirector "isn't quite there - yet", PD is improving all the time and has great scope, I just need to upgrade my old PC to get the best out of itinnocent

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
locktas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2015 01:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
https://colourise.sg/

GOOD
Kyle 40
[Post New]

Thanks locktas, the results are surprisingly good !surprised

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.