Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink PowerDVD 3D to 2D Playback?
Djhulp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2019 23:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I have read and I understand why you don't want to add 3D Support into you're new PowerDVD product.
Think this is a shame ofcourse but understandable.
But what I don't understand why I can't play 3D Blu-Ray as an 2D Blu-Ray disc anymore.
When trying to play a 3D Movie it goes straight into a Blue Screen and gives an Error as can't be played.
So I was wondering do you think you can still add the feature back into the new CyberLink PowerDVD.
So we can play 3D Movies as 2D Playback?
Kind Regards.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
If your Blu-ray 3D does not contain 2D version for 2D playback specifically, powerdvd 20 cannot play the 3D video in 2D.

If it has a 2D entry, which is select-able on the movie menu, I'm not sure what blue screen or error you saw.
Please clarify it further.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2020 22:26

Djhulp [Avatar]
[Post New]
3D Blu-Ray Movie: Puss In Boots Region B.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 19: Play's Movie correctly and is even watchable in 2D without any 3D Glasses.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 20: Bluescreen whit text error can't be played, this player is not a 3D Blu-Ray Player.
So even when my Television doesn't support 3D I could still watch it with the older Cyberlink PowerDVD.
So I still love to see into the next version 3D Playback converted to 2D.
Kind Regards.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 3D Blu-Ray Movie: Puss In Boots Region B.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 19: Play's Movie correctly and is even watchable in 2D without any 3D Glasses.

Make sure you don't update PowerDVD 19 when the next patch comes out, if you want to keep playing this and other 3D BDs. That is noted in the FAQ:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24902

PowerDVD doesn't play 3D content anymore...so no converting to 2D will be available. It's too bad, but honestly the second wave of 3D popularity lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

Dave
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Djhulp,

Just to clarify. The use of the "you" is not correct. This is a users forum and very few if any Cyberlink employees visit on a regular basis.

I hope you take this as a useful suggestion rather than a repremand. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Djhulp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jets2011: First of al I think this a real shame to loose into the feature update.
Also 3D Blu-Ray are still be made only CyberLink PowerDVD ended it not the Movie Company Example: Onward 3D Release Date: 01 June 2020 https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Onward-3D-Blu-ray/265470/.
Stevek: Sorry I have read it again it has to be Cyberlink Support Team, My original language isn't English so please excuse me if I offended you somehow.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 05. 2020 10:47

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Jets2011: First of al I think this a real shame to loose into the feature update.
Also 3D Blu-Ray are still be made only CyberLink PowerDVD ended it not the Movie Company Example: Onward 3D Release Date: 01 June 2020 https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Onward-3D-Blu-ray/265470/.

It was inevitable because NVIDIA stopped supporting 3D with their cards and drivers. So you should be saying this on their forum too. Cyberlink needs to follow the technology eh, and the technology support was removed in a major aspect of playing 3D on the PC.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2020 00:36