Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion graphics and animated titles?
Steve720 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2020 07:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased PowerDirector 365, and while its pretty good, the motion graphics and animated titles are pretty limited.

I'm thinking about just taking out after effects to finish off my videos. I have the 44 motion graphics downloaded and have looked through the store and they arent really what I need. Are there any other motion graphics or animated titles that are compatible with power director or am I stuck having to pay for after effects?
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Have you got the proDAD effects installed?

Keith
robusto400 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 11:16 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you got the proDAD effects installed?

Keith

I also find the motion graphics and animated titles to be quite "lame". When I go to the ProDad room in the fx section there are only 2 items. One says download ProDad effects which only takes me back to the available Plug-ins (I have 365 version) with no reference to any ProDad options. The other is Adorage Filter which appears to do nothing when inserted on the timeline. So how do you get the ProDad effects and how do you find out what they do?
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have ProDAD Adorage and Vitascene.

What I did not realise is that both of these come as either a filter or transition depending where you access them from.

Under fx they are a filter under Transition Room they are a transition.

So make sure you use the right one as either a filter or a transition.

So for transition drop over 2 clips, that is the simple bit.

Put a still image in timeline then drop the A filter on top. Then click EFFECT. Then click Stand-alone Effect.

This then gives access to the effects.

Keith
robusto400 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 11:16 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have ProDAD Adorage and Vitascene.

What I did not realise is that both of these come as either a filter or transition depending where you access them from.

Under fx they are a filter under Transition Room they are a transition.

So make sure you use the right one as either a filter or a transition.

So for transition drop over 2 clips, that is the simple bit.

Put a still image in timeline then drop the A filter on top. Then click EFFECT. Then click Stand-alone Effect.

This then gives access to the effects.

Keith

OK, thanks. This worked for the transition but only see a "dissolve" but haven't really researched it much. However as a filter it does not give me the same option to click EFFECT and I see no difference on the image clip.
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, thanks. This worked for the transition but only see a "dissolve" but haven't really researched it much. However as a filter it does not give me the same option to click EFFECT and I see no difference on the image clip.

Select the image in timeline, the EFFECT button will come up just above the timeline near the start.

Keith
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JZsvCX9k3U