Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture from old Hi8 via AV to USB gadget.
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a load of old Hi8 tapes I need to digitise.

I have a couple of Hi8 cameras and have S-Video and RCA audio plugged into a EasyCAP av/USB 2 gizmo.

It shows in Win 10,1909 Device Manager as AV to USB 2 and I can capture via a NCH Capture program called Debut.

I want to use 365 if I can so it goes straight to time line but I can't see it anywhere.

In Capture it does not register at all.

Is it because it is analog and will not work or ?

Thanks

oz
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
It's not really possible to capture analog video over USB directly into PowerDirector.

Instead, use the software that came with your capture device to save the video as a 1920x1080 30 fps MP4. After you capture the video you'll be able to edit it in PowerDirector.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to use 365 if I can so it goes straight to time line but I can't see it anywhere.

In Capture it does not register at all.

Is it because it is analog and will not work or ?

StevenG supplied the best answer. In these type of analog capture devices, it is the Capture/AnalogTV button that is highlighted. You click on that button and should be able to capture from PD 365 only if the device is powered up and connected properly, and then only if the gizmo device driver is windows 10 compatible.
alfred0809 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2020 08:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am Agree with your reply
<p class="p1">VidMate APK
<p class="p1">vidmate apphttps://myfiosgateway.win/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 23. 2023 07:59

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hi8 video is best captured at 720x480 interlaced.
Even better using lossless codecs especially if you plan on fixing anything. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT