Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
scrolling text vertical
CabinLife [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2019 16:43 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to create a 'text only' video with text scrolling vertically on a coloured background. I have the text in, but can't adjust the speed of the scroll. I tried [control] and slide the text bar left, and it works, but it shorten the text too.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
CabinLife [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2019 16:43 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm trying to create a 'text only' video with text scrolling vertically on a coloured background. I have the text in, but can't adjust the speed of the scroll. I tried [control] and slide the text bar left, and it works, but it shorten the text too.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

I've read a few posts in old forum topics, and if nothing has changed up to PD18, it appears that PD is not a good choice for creating text to be used to read scripts live. If this is not the case, please let me know.
Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Before getting into how you can adjust the length and scrolling speed, are you planning to use this like a teleprompter?

I'm asking because I did a series of educational videos and we used a free teleprompter website for the scripts. I had 2 cameras mounted on tripods focused on my client so I was free to run the teleprompter controls on a wireless keyboard.

That was ideal because we sometimes had to change the size of the text (or how much was onscreen at any moment), and I also had to adjust the scrolling speed constantly to match my client's energy level and not stress her out or hold her back.

In my experience, manning the teleprompter was a full time job during each shoot and there's really no way to make those kinds of on-the-fly adjustments if you're playing back a produced video.