Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transferring Face Tag Info to new laptop
[Post New]
I've just bought a new pc and I've installed PhotoDirector 11 onto it. Is there away of transferring the Face Tag data from the Photo director version 9, on my old laptop, onto my new laptop running v11?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2020 11:30

Milton Keynes, UK
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure that the tag data is all stored in the main project file (.PHD).

If you open PhD on your original computer, go to File | Open Project... and you should see the current file. Copy that to the appropriate folder on your laptop (you may want to rename the existing file first).

Also, the original folder will be something like \Pictures\PhotoDirector\9.0\user name and your new folder will be something like \Pictures\PhotoDirector\11.0\user name

It's critical that you also copy all of the images onto your new laptop, or make sure they're accessable from the same external drive so that PhD11 can find them. You'll need to browse for them when you reopen Phd11 if they're not in the exact same location.

You can also use a networked drive for shared storage, but it has to be assigned a drive letter (like H:\) for PhD to work properly.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure that the tag data is all stored in the main project file (.PHD).

If you open PhD on your original computer, go to File | Open Project... and you should see the current file. Copy that to the appropriate folder on your laptop (you may want to rename the existing file first).

Also, the original folder will be something like \Pictures\PhotoDirector\9.0\user name and your new folder will be something like \Pictures\PhotoDirector\11.0\user name

It's critical that you also copy all of the images onto your new laptop, or make sure they're accessable from the same external drive so that PhD11 can find them. You'll need to browse for them when you reopen Phd11 if they're not in the exact same location.

You can also use a networked drive for shared storage, but it has to be assigned a drive letter (like H:\) for PhD to work properly.

Apologies, I got my software mixed up. It was the Face Tagging in Media Show 6 I was referring to. In the end I managed to get it to work by copying the entire MediaShow6 directory in AppData/Local from my old laptop to the new one.

Thanks for trying anyway. Milton Keynes, UK