Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9 with wrong black levels!
a [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2008 06:06 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Oh boy - this soft is real buggy.

Power DVD9 shows black as a dark grey when watching BDs.

This is a software problem, and I'm not the only one who got it.

a [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2008 06:06 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
The problem ramains. Talked to ATI about the Catalyst drivers and BD black levels. They checked it, but blame it on PowerDVD/Cyberlink.

Hello Cyberlink support! Is anybody out there in this cyberspace desert?
I guess I never get a answer...start feeling like a psycho
Moviebuff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:31 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the trial version of PowerDVD9 - thank goodness it was the trial version, as the sound reproduction was terrible course and gritty, while the picture was of poor quality. Be warned! check carefully the PowerDVD 9 standard version specification are equal to your computer specification.
Cyberlink will certainly refer you to their minimum specifications, so no fall back for poor DVD movie reproduction. Suggestions will be most appreciated.
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Oh boy - this soft is real buggy.

Power DVD9 shows black as a dark grey when watching BDs.

This is a software problem, and I'm not the only one who got it.

I got round it by setting the HDMI Black Level on my TV to Low and recalibrating the display using the Avivo colour adjustments in Catalyst Control Center.

This black level problem only appeared when I updated to the build that supports the Auzentech HomeTheater HD soundcard.