Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio extraction available on full version?
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
After experiencing problems with PowerDVD 18 (a software that I've had for many years and worked like a charm), I decided to try out the trial version of PowerDVD 20 and so far, I'm impressed.

I'm thinking of purchasing but I need to know what other features are included with this version and does it still have audio extraction capabilities like PowerDVD 18 did.

*I'd hate to purchase this software and then it doesn't do what I need it 2 do (had that same problem with Power 2 Go 13 after I bought it).

Is this a good software to invest my money in?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

If you mean extracting audio from video and pinned youtube videos...yes you can still do that in PowerDVD 20. 3D playback was removed though, but am sure you heard that by now.

The full list of new features can be viewed in the help file, and also in the videos posted by the moderator here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82023.page

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2020 22:33

Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

If you mean extracting audio from video and pinned youtube videos...yes you can still do that in PowerDVD 20. 3D playback was removed though, but am sure you heard that by now.

The full list of new features can be viewed in the help file, and also in the videos posted by the moderator here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82023.page

Dave

Thanks Jets, I appreciate it.

I have one othe question I'm hoping you can solve. If I have this software on another device say a laptop. will I be able to transfer my pinned vids to it through that 'Cloud' thing they have on PowerDVD. (I've found some great vids that I've pinned and I don't want to risk losing them if the software conks out on me at some point in the future when they bring out something new).

This happened 2 me when I had PowerDVD 18 (a great software by the way that I had for years) but it started acting up on me when I tried to pin some multiple vids and I had to uninstall it when it wouldn't function right (thereby I lost some of the content I pinned from u-tube and I can't recover it because the links to those accounts were shutdown or they were forced to remove the content).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2020 11:05

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I'm pretty sure the pinned videos are saved in your cache folder. Check Settings > Player Settings > Cache Files (button at the bottom of the tab). The files are saved in that folder, which you can change if you want.

You can probably back up this folder before uninstalling and then copy the files back. Note though that this is a cache/temp folder, so if the size of the files in the folder exceeds the specified limit, then it might delete some older files. Not sure if this was what happened for you. But reinstalling might delete the files in that folder.

I haven't tested this, but you can try for yourself and report back if it works.

Dave